• Hey, NPB, where do I find these barrels of cookies?  They sound yummy.  :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

It ges taken out when I can do so with minimal risk of loss to my fleet. No set round as it varies based on Germany’s moves… especially their FIG placements, and of course whether or not they reinforce the fleet.

Always a good point to minimize your own losses.

I look at:
    Estimated cost of units lost in IPC
    Estimated cost of units lost in terms of placements of those units
    Estimated cost of potention losses in terms of income and position lost from battles forgone
    Estimated cost of the same to Germany

For instance, a transport and battleship defending against 4 fighters and 2 transports is worth it.  I lose 16 IPC (probably in two rounds) and he loses 32 IPC.  My fighters can land in a good position for the next round.  The losses are against America, probably the one nation that can best afford to throw away units for little gain.

• One other major factor for the Allies to consider…

Cost of having units out of position for subsequent turns.

In particular, if the attack is waged by mostly Naval units of the United States.  moving on SZ14 (or thereabouts) to attack the Med Fleet COULD result in the interruption of the US shuck into Africa/Europe by 3 full turns.

That in itself is a nice gift for Germany… being able to ignore the US for 3 turns is a pretty nice boost, especially around T3 or T4 when the US normally should be becoming a factor.

• Good point, Switch.  You gotta know when it’s safe to turn off the U.S. spigot and go for the jugular!  Personally, that’s why I prefer an early exit for the Med. fleet when I’m playing Allies so that all I gotta worry about after that, as far as the Med. is concerned, is taking Southern Europe.

• 2007 AAR League

Ironically, when I am playing the Axis I like an early exit for the Med fleet to!!

Into the Atlantic!!!  :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m