• Why is the unit so cheap for its strength??  I am playing against a friend and ive been axis.  Hes had the crocodille in every game and hes won EVERY game.  I have 3 panzer iv available and in this last game i fielded two of them, only for them both to be taken out by this stupid unit.  It is so overarmored that i can’t take it out.  I unfortunately don’t have a Tiger or anything that rolls 18 dice in order to take him out, so im stuck losing every game even though im dominating him otherwise.  Any help other than buying a rare axis that can play as tough??

• If you were playing against me, I’d allow you to use the stats of a Tiger, provided you’d use the appropriate cost and just represent it on the map with a different armor unit.  I’m not one to force someone to go purchase a rare just so that they can compete against me.

• '19 Moderator

The best counter to a Croc is distance.  They are weak at range and slow.  Keep your Pzr IVs at max range and hammer him until you get the dice you need to break him down.

• IF the croc wants to attack you it willl have to draw its self out. this is a bit risky and tricky but heres one option.

you need a marder II and a panzer IV.  you sould go second. the marder should be 6 sapces away from the croc. the croc moves 2 spaces forward and you too move 4 spaces forward. you can now fire at close range.  thi scan be tricky but you also have to have the panzer in postiotion. you have to flank the croc and attack its rear. if  you both of these things at the same time then the croc can a. destoy the marder or b. disrupt the panzer. it may be easier to do it with 2 marders but you’ll lose atleast one of them. there’s a 33% chacne of destroyign the croc and 34% of damageing the croc. also instead of a marder in the front you can use a jagpanzer IV.

if you get a marder to go in the back and up close the odds improve to 50% destoyred and 40% damaged. the key is to succide a tank up front ( or just indanger it in the case of a jagpanzer) and then sneak behind the croc and fire. so any 15/13 attack tanks can be used.

• I’m with Cyan,  Also distance is your best friend I think PZIV have extended range 10 so even better.  What else does he/she field besides the croc? 
    Axis Fan

• @murfenator:

Why is the unit so cheap for its strength??  I am playing against a friend and ive been axis.  Hes had the crocodille in every game and hes won EVERY game.  I have 3 panzer iv available and in this last game i fielded two of them, only for them both to be taken out by this stupid unit.  It is so overarmored that i can’t take it out.  I unfortunately don’t have a Tiger or anything that rolls 18 dice in order to take him out, so im stuck losing every game even though im dominating him otherwise.  Any help other than buying a rare axis that can play as tough??

Im assuming he is using more armor b/c Panzer IV x3 vs a Croc should be no contest…

As people have pointed out distance=victory Croc has terrible range that is why it is low cost in points

• You could also fight fire with fire as well (Flamingo 17pts).  If other tanks/units are involved deal with them first.  Save the Crock for last it only moves 2, 4 at the most.  Assess your threats and deal with them in order.  Just thought of something else.  I used 2 expert sinpers and had great success.  let him come out in the open and then use head shot.  He will be disrupted for 2 turns (face up)  That should give you time to deal with that situation.

Axis fan

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m