• 2007 AAR League

its mostly just the cross that people wear.  sometimes they do have Jesus on it though.

• @ncscswitch:

Well, a Pentacle is not a dead guy.  Just an elemental and Earth Mother representation (in many of the Wiccan and other Neo-Pagan traditions anyway, I would not presume to speak for all of them).

On that note, how many people called your pentacle a pentagram and accused you of Satanism?

• 2007 AAR League

they look similar.  kind of like the crucifix and the cross.

• symbols are forever changing and being interperated differently.  For a long time the main symbol for christianity was not the cross but a fish.  Most people do not associate the cross with a method of execution anytime.  Indeed many people do not know that crusafixion was a popular form of punishment back then.  They identify it soley with jesus.  Same as how people associate the swastika to nazis now.

• Like the upside down cross is a satanic symbol, so too in many neo-Pagan traditions is the upside down pentacle (or pentagram) a perversion.  Not all though, at least a few use the Pentagram as a symbol of attaining 2nd Degree.  And to them it makes no matter, since Satan is not a part of most neo-pagan religions.

As for symbols changing…
    Are y’all aware of how many schools attempted to ban Stars of David about 6-8 years ago because it was a “gang symbol”?  They quickly ran afoul of various groups like the ADL and lost repeatedly in court.

• 2007 AAR League

and yet they can ban the girls chastity ring as being too religious.

damn the liberal hypocracy.

• Chastity ring?

Please explain…

• 2007 AAR League

I think he is referring to the girl who believes in Sex after marriage (Christian Faith) and she wore a bracelet to represent that she believed in it.

• OK, I knew the concept, but never was aware of a particular jewelry identifier.

• @ncscswitch:

OK, I knew the concept, but never was aware of a particular jewelry identifier.

Pretty ironic to me.  Ring + finger = sexual mimicry

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m