• http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18679412/

I think it’s an improvement on the religion.  He was a disgrace to it. May he rest anyway, I suppose.

• Christianity as whole will be better off not having a right wing extrmist like Fallwell being one of their spokesmen.

His post 9-11 comments should make almost anyone sick…  that it was God’s Punishment on the US (i.e. that it was OUR FAULT).  Wonder if he knew he was going against his core constituency with that one…

• 2007 AAR League

i didnt like his anti-catholic outlook.  but he was a defender of what he thought was right.  i’ll call him 50/50 in my books, b/c he loathed liberals just like i do.

• @balungaloaf:

i didnt like his anti-catholic outlook.  but he was a defender of what he thought was right.  i’ll call him 50/50 in my books, b/c he loathed liberals just like i do.

Stop the hate.

No, really.

Or stop calling yourselves Christians.

It’s nice to let all that tension go anyway.

• You know Balung, I find it hard to believe that you, perhaps more than anyone else on this site with the possible exception of M36, would be forgiving of Jerry Fallwell considering he blamed the US for 9-11.  I thought that was an automatic “liberal nutcase” remark to blame the US for 9-11 for folks of your political outlook.

• 2007 AAR League

he said the american government did 9/11?  when did that happen

if he was talking about america’s morality and liberal gutter culture and God punished america(new york) for it, thats a matter of belief.  i would hope God isnt that way.

• I did not say that he blamed the GOVERNMENT.  I said he blamed the US.

Now, does that make him a “liberal nutjob” in your book?

• 2007 AAR League

no liberals blame a government conspiracy.

he blamed God’s punishment on a hedonistic society.  both are unproven.

so he’s not a liberal nutjob.

• So if both are unproven, and if Fallwell is not a nutjob because HIS version is not proven, then the folks that did Loose Change with their unproven version are not nutjobs either?

• 2007 AAR League

People who did Loose Change are just retarded. Fallwell’s statement isn’t as crazy as theirs. IMO

• "Homosexuality is Satan’s diabolical attack upon the family that will not only have a corrupting influence upon our next generation, but it will also bring down the wrath of God upon America. "

"AIDS is not just God’s punishment for homosexuals; it is God’s punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals. "

"If you’re not a born-again Christian, you’re a failure as a human being. "

“Textbooks are Soviet propaganda.”

"The idea that religion and politics don’t mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country. "

“And, I know that I’ll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way – all of them who have tried to secularize America – I point the finger in their face and say, “You helped this happen.””

“The Bible is the inerrant … word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible,without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc.”

Still not crazy?

• 2007 AAR League

so, he thinks aids is a gay scourge, last time i checked, it was.

he doesnt like homosexuals, nobody has too, they are different.  they get turned on by having 25 penises rammed into a hole people excrete solid waste out of.

i do believe christianity is the right way, but born again is not numero uno on my list.  just believe is jesus, no church if you dont want to, just believe thats it.

i’m not sure about his textbook statement, but i’ve seen plenty of textbooks for college that are indoctrination books.  especially the core ones like speech, english composition, and sadly even some modern history ones.  liberals create textbooks, with a liberal bias, used to not be that way, but these digusting creatures persist.

if he thinks 9/11 was a punishment from God, let him. perhaps its national karma, i dont know.  who does?

the bible quote is largely stupid.  catholics understand much of the old testament is stories, not literal, but watch out for the bible belt, all the nuts roll south.

• For those critical thinkers out there, people of reason, who may not be 100% content to march along with the armies of the preposterous, which Fallwell often led, (see quotes above). There is a great book out there that hasn’t been banned or burned yet by the religious zealots called “The End of Faith” by Sam Harris.

It speaks to the craziness of the Islamic fundamentalists in our world today as well as the Christian and Jewish (basically monotheistic) lunacy that has shaped much of the last 2000 years and paints a scary picture for the next 1000 years.

For someone (myself) that grew up a devout catholic it is IMHO a very important piece of work. Of course you need to be willing & able to read but seriously, I highly recommend it. It isn’t a very difficult read.

• 2007 AAR League

@Jermofoot:

"Homosexuality is Satan’s diabolical attack upon the family that will not only have a corrupting influence upon our next generation, but it will also bring down the wrath of God upon America. "

"AIDS is not just God’s punishment for homosexuals; it is God’s punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals. "

"If you’re not a born-again Christian, you’re a failure as a human being. "

“Textbooks are Soviet propaganda.”

"The idea that religion and politics don’t mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country. "

“And, I know that I’ll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way – all of them who have tried to secularize America – I point the finger in their face and say, “You helped this happen.””

“The Bible is the inerrant … word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible,without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc.”

Still not crazy?

Seems like a nice guy

• Again…

I think Christianity as a whole is FAR better off without Fallwell as their self-appointed spokesman.

• 2007 AAR League

geez we have some liberal hatred of the man.

we have atheists on cnn wishing there was a hell just so falwell could go there.  how tolerant.  but liberals have never been tolerant.  only idiots buy that shit.

and cnn, a “respected” liberal news source ACTUALLY had this on tv, i saw it and had to go find it.  its incredible.

they guy in the middle is falwell.  with guilty spalshed on his forhead.  and they compared him to hitler.  right then and there.  b/c they were both intolerant.  jesus christ.  one guy doesnt like gays or abortion, and to the “respectable” cnn news team and anchors he is comaprable to hitler, who killed and murdered so many millions.

liberals priorities are way out of whack.  and they are full of hatred. and the only way they try to hide that is by calling themselves “tolerant”

[attachment deleted by admin]

• glad that there are good tolerant people like you out there spreading the love around there BL.  Someone has to be a example to all of the intolerant and hating idiots liberals out there.

• This dude sounds like a really funny guy!

The liberals over at Air America The Young Turks found some really great quotes for their Fallwell Eulogy.

My favourite Fallwell quote must be this: “You should not sleep with prostitutes unless you’re married to them.” ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!

Also his vision that all good born-again christians will be sucked up naked on their judgement day is great fun! 
    I would really have loved to see that, but sadly it seems the dude passed away to early.  ;-)

• @balungaloaf:

so, he thinks aids is a gay scourge, last time i checked, it was.

It’s not a gay specific disease…

he doesnt like homosexuals, nobody has too, they are different.  they get turned on by having 25 penises rammed into a hole people excrete solid waste out of.

Nobody has to like Falwell either.
    You also are ignorant of gays - let alone individual’s - sexuality.  Some gays hate anal.  Some women love it.  Some straight men love it.  I don’t know why it’s an issue anyway - you’ll get over it.

i’m not sure about his textbook statement, but i’ve seen plenty of textbooks for college that are indoctrination books.  especially the core ones like speech, english composition, and sadly even some modern history ones.  liberals create textbooks, with a liberal bias, used to not be that way, but these digusting creatures persist.

When I think “indoctrination” and “book,” I think Bible.
    A textbook that takes itself seriously is going to be objective as possible.  If liberals truly are the ones creating textbooks, they must be the only ones reading anyway…

the bible quote is largely stupid.  catholics understand much of the old testament is stories, not literal, but watch out for the bible belt, all the nuts roll south.

We weren’t talking about Catholics.  We were talking about Falwell.  You are agreeing that he is a nut.

@balungaloaf:

geez we have some liberal hatred of the man.

I don’t like the man, and he deserves any criticism.  Did you not think anything he said was hateful?  Even then, I said I hope he found peace.  Hateful is no way to go through life.

and cnn, a “respected” liberal news source ACTUALLY had this on tv, i saw it and had to go find it.  its incredible.

they guy in the middle is falwell.  with guilty spalshed on his forhead.  and they compared him to hitler.  right then and there.  b/c they were both intolerant.  jesus christ.  one guy doesnt like gays or abortion, and to the “respectable” cnn news team and anchors he is comaprable to hitler, who killed and murdered so many millions.

The only place I found that was freerepublic.org, so that destroys your credibility right there.  They were showing past footage of a protest.  It wasn’t CNN doing anything but showing someone else’s work.  Either way, he’s not innocent or immune to criticism himself - he was an ass and deserved it.

liberals priorities are way out of whack.  and they are full of hatred. and the only way they try to hide that is by calling themselves “tolerant”

Like CC said, you are hardly at peace yourself.

• 2007 AAR League

i’m what they call “super-duper” at peace.  i have my ways, which dont agree with forced acceptance of EVERYTHING rammed down peoples throats by liberals.

aids is a gay specific disease, last time i checked, when it first surfaced, it was in the gay community and reaped havoc there.  every straight person who gets it has the gays to thank for not stopping the spread of this terrible disease.  ever think about that……?

Nobody has to like Falwell either.
    You also are ignorant of gays - let alone individual’s - sexuality.  Some gays hate anal.  Some women love it.  Some straight men love it.  I don’t know why it’s an issue anyway - you’ll get over it.

so some gays dont do each other up the poop shoot.  how do they have sex, blowing each other every night.  bill clinton wouldnt regard that as sex anyways.  or they pull on each other, they could do that by themselves.  it all would seem unfulfilling to me.  just give me a vag to bang away on.

how is the new testament indoctrination.  all the writers did what write letters to other people, and apostles writing what jesus did.  how in the F is that indoctrination? ? ? ?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m