• Okay, so today our LT decided to give our whole platoon a day off. Completely against every regulation in the book of course, but LT has lots of friends in high places, and always manages to get what he wants.

Anyways,  a couple of my squad mates and I decided to drive to Syracuse for the day. We ate lunch at a local restaurant. When we entered the restaurant, everyone started to clap because we were in uniform. Naturally, we were quite embarrassed picked a booth on the far end of the restaurant, which was rather secluded. A gorgeous waitress  came to take our orders. When we were about half way through, two women came in and sat opposite us. Quite abruptly, the two women both got up, and approached our table. My first thoughts were that they were just coming over to tell us what everyone does, thank you for your service, etc. etc. but I couldn’t be more wrong. The two women launched into a tirade about how President Bush was an imperialist warmonger, and we were inhuman monsters for going along with his fascism. All of us were taken aback by this, and did not respond. Finally, the gorgeous waitress returned to check on us, and she noticed the two women harassing us. She stepped between the two women and our table, and said these exact words to them “If you are going to insult United States Marines in this restaurant, then I must ask you to leave.” The women said nothing, but gave the young waitress a dirty, look, and walked out. Each of us thanked that pretty young girl and we left her a $100 dollar tip.

It’s nice when American’s show how much they appreciate what we do. Sometimes it can be embarrassing, and even monotonous, but we appreciate it all the same.

Thank You to the true Americans, from the USMC.

• I would agree with you Marine…

Harassing the soldier when your complaint is with the commander is not kosher.

• 2007 AAR League

Shoulda choked a bitch or two

• Yeah, flagrant foul on their part.  Barking up the wrong tree…

The big question is…did you get the waitress’ number???

• Actually yeah Jermo, she slipped it to me under the check. :wink: Next time I’m in Syracuse… :mrgreen:

• NEXT time?  :roll:

Sounds to me like you missed that lesson on taking advantage of intelligence data for maximum impact :-P

• Hmmm, so exactly what kind of “restaurant” was this where you were being served by a gorgeous waitress and you were leaving $100 tips (in small bills, perhaps?)?  I thought only the sailors frequented THOSE kinds of establishments.  :-D :lol:

• It’s name was just “24 Hour Diner”

And Switch, its better to make em wait a bit.  8-)

• While I agree I have to edit unfortunately.DF

Anyways, that was straight up wrong what those girls did.  Sure they may not support our government (I mean I sure as hell don’t) but at least support the troops.  People like them make me mad.  :x

• Agreed, way way out of line. One does not blame the Military for the battles they are ordered to fight.

Thank you.

• Blaming the military is soooo 1960’s

• Well? Any strange events happen to anyone else?

• 2007 AAR League

to bad all those people from the 1960’s are still alive and liberals today.  that just makes things worse, b/c we know they still think the same way, but are liberals and dont have any balls to come out and say it.  their ideas are still there, and as juvenille and insane as ever.  “give al-qaeda terrorists a victory, we’ll be safer!”    we they could say " i dont care if we are safe or not, i hate bush"

• @balungaloaf:

to bad all those people from the 1960’s are still alive and liberals today.  that just makes things worse, b/c we know they still think the same way, but are liberals and dont have any balls to come out and say it.  their ideas are still there, and as juvenille and insane as ever.  “give al-qaeda terrorists a victory, we’ll be safer!”    we they could say " i dont care if we are safe or not, i hate bush"

Shenanigans.

Everyone knows that when you get old or have money you become Republican.

• 2007 AAR League

sadly, there are tons of aging liberal hippies who may be old, but never grew up.

• @balungaloaf:

sadly, there are tons of aging liberal hippies who may be old, but never grew up.

That’s what keeps them young.  :wink:

• Jermo is right, generally when people step out of the fantasy world that is college, they become more conservative.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m