• Great forum. Long-time player, first time here. Thanks to everyone who helps!

I’ve been searching for how to make the AI tougher on the forum and found a couple good ideas. Can any of the pros or computer game players fill me in on how best to challenge my skills?

I haven’t been able to lose with the Allies. Axis advantage, Russia restricted and bumped the cost of Russian infantry to $5. The AI is just terrible.

I read a suggestion that said to play with Axis and lower the cost of infantry for Russia to $2 and bump their defend up to 3. Gonna try that next but I’m still skeptical.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    G

• Welcome!

I really think you are trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip here, and I would highly recommend abandoning your current efforts and instead playing against others online. If you have been playing A&A for any length of time, that will be the only way you can challenge your skills. There are numerous online clubs, and there are always plenty of players of various skill levels willing to play pick-up games on The Zone.

Failing that, I would suggest that you would get more ‘skill improvement’ out of the single player game by playing against yourself and testing out various strategies.

I’m sorry I don’t have a more positive, helpful suggestion… the AI is just aweful! :-?

• Well, if you have the Iron Blitz version, try making custom a map that gives the AI player a huge advantage in terms of starting income and number of men. Then its up to you to battle your way back up to get victory. Sometimes you might see the computer win for a change!

• give the ai a huge bid,like 25,get someone who has never played A@A before and sit back and watch them kick the Ai’s ass!!

• Computer win? Isn’t that any oxymoron? Kinda like Lebanese government or Islamic Democracy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m