The War Game - Massive Axis and Allies Variant

• The only other thing is to pray to god… you cant get the national pieces if people like you don’t even support the game and even buy ONE copy. When he has sold his remaining copies then he can only consider expansions.

• I would have buyed a copy long time ago but have too big issue with the art that are mis-placed in the sea. Pictures of tanks in Atlantic Ocean and pictures of infantry in Pacific Ocean is not to my liking.

I also have an big time issue with Caucasus territory, or Caucasus Express as we call it, since this territory is far too big. Look at the distance from Berlin to Moscow in a real map, and then look at the distance from Persia to Leningrad. How can you explain that travel on the highway Berlin-Moscow takes 6 moves, but climbing over the Caucasus Mountains (Elbrus 5800 mos), crossing Volga and the plains, and then struggling through the deep forests and marshes only takes 2 moves ? Its exactly like the Polar Express in A&A Revised, big wilderness without roads are fast to move through, but urban areas with highways and railroads slow you down.

Now tell Jeff he need to divide Caucasus into atleast two territories, one covering the Don Basin and the other the Trans-Caucasus mountain range with countries like Georgia, Asarbadsjan, Tsjetsjenia, Dagestan etc. Then he must print a map without art, and then I may buy his game.

And IL, my globe is spinnin faster than yours, indicating that you are a slow guy.

• I think Jeff will include a marker pen so you can carve Sweden into 40 territories or ‘fix’ Caucasus, but i suggest you even play the game to find out whats needed.

• IL, I just tried to register to that forum, but my e-mail adress is banned, how do you explain that ? You are the admin on that forum, I bet you got a good explanation.

I guess Jeff dont need my money

I am familiar to get banned from forums, because I am not a political correct guy, but this is first time I get banned from a forum before I even got registered. Just great.

• Jeff, if you read this, how can I buy your game when my e-mail adress i banned ?

• Jeff, if you read this, how can I buy your game when my e-mail adress i banned

I am the administrator over there. PM me what exactly you need. I don’t understand your sentence.

my e-mail adress i banned

• Oh thats good to have you aboard!

Its really balanced game, just my only thing is the Russian-German fight needs more territories…thats it really.

But when Russia falls it has much less meaning than in AAR

• That second picture is your attack on Peiking.

That attack works best on J1, but i think you allocated too many critical shore shots which should be used to use against British and US fleet.

I see Jeffs large critical roll green dice… we use that when the roll is very important and for the A-bomb.

If you play Japan i always wipe off the US fleet and send just enough to kill any intrusive British units. But you cant kill all of them.

Their is also a way of killing both US fleets on J1 but its kinda risky, but it depends on how aggressive the British are.

I am very glad you played it.

• @Imperious:

Its really balanced game, just my only thing is the Russian-German fight needs more territories…thats it really

As I said, Caucasus is way to big and must be cut in two or three territories, one north territory that cover the industrial area, name it Volga or Don, and one south territory with the mountains and Baku-oil, name it Trans-Caucasus, and maybe even another far southern territory with the minors as Georgia, Asarbadsjan, Dagestan and Tsjetsjenia, name it Aserbadsjan. Oh and one more + to IL, dont ask why

• “So talk to him….”

Yea ill send him an email.

• '19 Moderator

I thought I would mention the set-up charts for 1939 are out, I am going to try them out in a couple weeks.  Anyone going to be in Phoenix on the 19th?  I can reserve a seat…

• Here is a picture of Jeff Stein and me.  I’m wearing a T-shirt with Jeff’s face on it.  He didn’t notice for over 4 hours.  Oh, and we kicked his team’s butt!

Craig

• '19 Moderator

That’s priceless… lol

• i just purchased it, hope to get it soon!!!

• Customizer

That looks sweet!!! I got stop looking at this stuff or I’ll have to build a house out of wargame boxes.

• These photos of the game above are noted to be taken at ORIGINS, correct?

Where at ORIGINS were they were taken? At the Warroom?

• @dezrtfish:

I thought I would mention the set-up charts for 1939 are out, I am going to try them out in a couple weeks.

I got my copy today. The plastic looks great. But why do France only got like 5 infantry, one artillery and one destroyer ? How are you gonna do a 1939 set up with that ? Why did not all nations get the same number of pieces ? Hope Jeff make more French units in next run, and also make them nation specific.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

• well it took you long enough!

France has more than 5 infantry and they only need to surrender once, so i would not worry about “where is their army”

If you need more pieces just buy more white flags.

• France has more than 5 infantry and they only need to surrender once, so i would not worry about “where is their army”

If you need more pieces just buy more white flags.

LOL, Good one Imperious!

In all seriousness, it would be handy to have more pieces for some of those minor powers;  You can buy additional sets of just pieces, which is still kind of expensive, but cheaper than just buying another copy of the whole game.  (At least you could when I bought the game, because I did.)  What’s more, if enough sets of pieces are sold, maybe it will help Jeffrey make the case for an expansion (Including those nation-specific pieces, perhaps).  I know I intend to buy more at some point, just to show my support if nothing else, because it really is a pretty interesting game, all in all, with lots of room for expansion/ customization.

• @DrLarsen:

In all seriousness, it would be handy to have more pieces for some of those minor powers;  You can buy additional sets of just pieces, which is still kind of expensive, but cheaper than just buying another copy of the whole game.

The case is, that the French-blue three come with 1 leader, 7 infantry, 1 artillery and 1 destroyer.

If you buy more sets, you’ll just get more inf, artillery’s and destroyers.
    You will never get tanks, battleships nor aircrafts in French blue, no matter how many sets you buy.
    This is an issue to me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m