• 2007 AAR League

The only reason you got me with the Doolittle raid was because I had forgotten that my sub in sz45 was in a hostile sz and you demanded that I use it in combat instead of allowing me the courtesy of moving it to sz60 (it’s intended move during non-com) to back up the CV I had moved there to protect my TP’s. With the sub added there you would never had attacked sz60. And for the record, I won that game anyway  .

Tuchy subject  :-P  :-P  :-P

• 2007 AAR League

Sure is. It was a small error that turned into something huge and quite possibly could have ended the game in round 1. I don’t like to be reminded that I almost lost a game because I forgot to move a unit in the correct phase, do you? I can forgive myself for losing because of an intended tactical error or because I got hosed by the dice, but I take pride in not making stupid little mistakes. Especially ones that could cost me a game.

• 2007 AAR League

Anyone ever hear of the double invasion of the US?? muahahahah :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

What do you mean - like me just landing in Mexico and Alaska simultaneously (4 Inf to Ala, 2 to Mexico?) in my game w/ djensen?

• @froodster:

What do you mean - like me just landing in Mexico and Alaska simultaneously (4 Inf to Ala, 2 to Mexico?) in my game w/ djensen?

japan from the west and Germany attacking from the east.

• @U-505:

Sure is. It was a small error that turned into something huge and quite possibly could have ended the game in round 1. I don’t like to be reminded that I almost lost a game because I forgot to move a unit in the correct phase, do you? I can forgive myself for losing because of an intended tactical error or because I got hosed by the dice, but I take pride in not making stupid little mistakes. Especially ones that could cost me a game.

You know something U-505…

It hurt like hell to lose that game.  But in all honesty, I deserved to lose for “Rule Lawyering” you on the SUB move, since it would have been a legal move that turn, just not in the phase you did it.

In case I missed it previously, congratulations on pulling out the victory in that game.  Hard fought, and WELL DESERVED on your part!

• The thing is, you can pretty much take out the US with a lesser landing than that…
    Japan lands in Alaska and WCan from SZ63
    Japan lands in Mexico from Hawaii
    Germany lands in Panama, Cuba, and ECan.
    USA (the 48 states) has not been TOUCHED , but they are effectiely out of it, at least for many, many turns (unless the UK can get the German ships, or Russia can kick Japan out of Asia in the same turn)

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

@U-505:

You know something U-505…

It hurt like hell to lose that game.  But in all honesty, I deserved to lose for “Rule Lawyering” you on the SUB move, since it would have been a legal move that turn, just not in the phase you did it.

In case I missed it previously, congratulations on pulling out the victory in that game.  Hard fought, and WELL DESERVED on your part!

Looking back, I was kind of pissed that you didn’t offer me the chance to move the sub but, in reality, the blame rests squarely on me. You were on the ball and I wasn’t. Professional courtesy in the other games doesn’t really apply with regards to the Tourney. You had every right to take advantage of my lapse in judgement. I was kicking myself for quite a few turns for that blunder.

• 2007 AAR League

@cyan:

japan from the west and Germany attacking from the east.

Caspian Sub talks about this (they call it the Canadian Shield).

• 2007 AAR League

Yes, but its very easy to spot.

• @rjclayton:

Watch out for SZ63!  Sometimes Japan will use it to land troops directly into WCAN and ALA from Japan in 1 turn!  Can sneak up on the US if you’re not careful!

Unless there is a bid transport placed in sz60 before the start of the game, this would not be possible.  Japan starts the game with only 1 Trn in range of Alaska and WCan and cannot launch 2 amphibious assaults from 1 transport.

However, this is certainly an option on J2 or J3 after most of the UK and US units have been moved east to fight the Germans.

SS

• 2007 AAR League

Agree.

Note: I said in 1 turn, not in Turn 1! (meaning that from Japan a transport could reach all the way to unload in WCAN)

• @rjclayton:

Agree.

Note: I said in 1 turn, not in Turn 1! (meaning that from Japan a transport could reach all the way to unload in WCAN)

Right you are, “1 turn” not “Turn 1”.  I see the distinction now.

SS

• @ncscswitch:

The thing is, you can pretty much take out the US with a lesser landing than that…
    USA (the 48 states) has not been TOUCHED , but they are effectiely out of it, at least for many, many turns (unless the UK can get the German ships, or Russia can kick Japan out of Asia in the same turn)

How are you going to pull of a landing like that? Germany shouldn’t have a chance of landing t three different territories

• @Dr.:

@ncscswitch:

The thing is, you can pretty much take out the US with a lesser landing than that…

How are you going to pull of a landing like that? Germany shouldn’t have a chance of landing t three different territories

It’s assumed that Japan has 5 inf 5 tank in W. Canada, while Germany lands 4 inf 4 tank or so with a Baltic transport buy on G1 followed by move to W. Europe followed by transport to E. Canada.  Following turn allows landing in Panama and Cuba as US is on defense.

HOW COULD U MISS DAT?  LOLZ!

(I’m kidding . . . anyone could miss that.  Hell, I still don’t get it, really.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m