• 2007 AAR League

I proposed a unification with 1-2 Russian figs ión aC uk fig sinks Kwang trn and lands in Buryatia with 6 Russian inf.

And my indea was to put a IC in Australia, then on UK 2 hit Borneo if no Japanesse navy is in the area, or unify at a Australian SZ with a buy of aeither 2 dts or 1 BB.

• 2007 AAR League

not a bad idea, never seen it before.

Holy long posts Batman!

NPB,

Here’s the scenerio I use:
    (Assuming Japan doesn’t attack the fleet in Sz 30 on J1)

UK fortifies fleet in sz 8 [buy dd, ftr, trn (2 ftrs, 1 trn) - but really depends on Ger threat to Lon]
    US will also sail to sz 8
    (I do these in all my games so it really isn’t dependent on J’s move)

I go NO IC for Ind.
    Bomber can land in Cauc
    2 ftrs to Wrus (if Ger doesn’t threaten Lon)
    UK retreats 2 inf, 1 aa to per from ind
    retreat 1 inf to per from trj

That leaves 4 inf (5 if you want to empty ind), 1 aa and a bomber in Cauc.
    Allied fleet in sz 8 and UK fleet in Sz 30

Round 2
    UK/US hit Alg heavy with 3 inf, 1 rt, 2 arm from (uk,ecan), US can land up to 4 inf, 1 rt, 1 arm (pending US 1 buy)
    UK picks up 3 inf from Aus and goes back to sz 30

This gives you 7 inf (3 sz 30, 4 per) to counter a lot of ter in Afr or the ME with the Allies pushing hard on the west side of Afr.

Africa is not really a problem, and any gains Germany can make on G2 are minimal as long as you crush them soon after.
    India is also not a problem because UK can now trde it for quite a few turns if necessary.

I usually have UK collecting 28 on UK1, and for Rd 2 they collect mid-20’s.  Well, I only have 3 trns until UK, so I really only need 18 IPC to fill all three.  Plus I still have an inf in Safr.

I use the fleet unification in Sz 30 is not to make a play at Japan, but to maintain a threat on the East coast of Afr and the Middle East for several turns as I wait for the UK and US to build up in the Atlantic.

• 2007 AAR League

My current game with switch is the first time I’ve seen the UK be aggressive in the Pacific.

He took FIC with 3 Inf and 1 Ftr, without loss, and moved the entire India fleet into SZ59 and killed the Jap TRN there.

on J1 that left me with a lot of stuff to do -

Pearl Harbour
    an even bigger pearl harbour in SZ 59 (1 AC 1 TRN 1 DD 1 Ftr)
    China
    and, recapturing India.

All that, and being down already the 1 fighter from FIC. Ug.

So I took out SZ 59 and left pearl alone. I didn’t have the units to take FIC back.

So that went okay, but then I built 2 TRNs in SZ 60, accompanied by 1 Sub 1 AC 2 ftr - a decent fleet. Didn’t realize that the US could make it there with 2 Ftrs 1 Bom 1 AC 1 Sub - actually inferior but he sunk the whole fleet and had all three air units surviving.

Double ug.

Japan is super farked.

Oh well, from what I hear switch is due for a win. :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

I feel like playing Switch, he beat me about 2 years ago when I sucked. Now I wanna see how good he does…

• 2007 AAR League

Well feel free to advise me on my game, and beat him vicariously - I think it will be a major uphill battle w/ my miserable Japanese beginning.

• Oh, did you think I was going KJF?

This was just an example of SJF “Slow Japan First”
    Or as I tend to call it… Frack with Japan.

• 2007 AAR League

Everyone should know:  If BURYATIA DOES NOT FALL ON J1 DONT PUT SHIPS IN SZ60 ESPECIALLY NOT IF USA HAVE SHIPS IN SZ52  :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

@Nix:

Everyone should know:  If BURYATIA DOES NOT FALL ON J1 DONT PUT SHIPS IN SZ60 ESPECIALLY NOT IF USA HAVE SHIPS IN SZ52  :wink:

Yeah the Bomber from E US can reach too … not many people realize this i think

• 2007 AAR League

@AJGundam:

@Nix:

Yeah the Bomber from E US can reach too … not many people realize this i think

Yeah, I’m learning that lesson now…

• @Nix:

Ooo, I knew that one.

• 2007 AAR League

The ftr from Haw as well.

• I have only twice (out of around 40 games) had the opportunity to educate my opponent on the effctiveness of “Doolittle’s Raid”, though targetting navy instead of bombing Japan.  In both cases, it led to a MASSIVE early reduction in Japan’s power.  About a 3-4 turn delay in Japan getting going in Asia, and that is with NO expensitures by the Allies for additional units in the Pacific.

• First Time Ever Post here, but I’ve read this forum from a while…How can the Bmb hit SZ60 from EUS and land in Bur?it needs 7 movements but it only has 6…  :roll: is it because I’ve not seen a way that requires only 6 movements or 'cause you research LRA?  :?

thanks from Italy!

Ciazio

• E. US start
    1. E. Canada
    2. W. Canada
    3. SZ 63
    4. SZ 62
    5. SZ 60, bombs away!
    6. Land in Buryatia

Ta da!

~Josh

• 2007 AAR League

Insert Quote
    E. US start
    1. E. Canada
    2. W. Canada
    3. SZ 63
    4. SZ 62
    5. SZ 60, bombs away!
    6. Land in Buryatia

Ta da!

~Josh

QFT

posts +1  :wink:

• OMG! You all are diabolical!  :evil:

I’ve never noticed that W.Canada borders with SZ63 in the north! thanks Josh, really helping! On right now it’s clear that i’ve to consider myself a noob…. 8-)

• 2007 AAR League

Watch out for SZ63!  Sometimes Japan will use it to land troops directly into WCAN and ALA from Japan in 1 turn!  Can sneak up on the US if you’re not careful!

• Thanks rjclayton, I’m not so noob to don’t take care of it… :-P
    I’m playing with my friends at AAR from 2 months; we were used to play Classic Edition, so we are not great players on the new map, but still average players  :mrgreen:

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

I have only twice (out of around 40 games) had the opportunity to educate my opponent on the effctiveness of “Doolittle’s Raid”, though targetting navy instead of bombing Japan.  In both cases, it led to a MASSIVE early reduction in Japan’s power.  About a 3-4 turn delay in Japan getting going in Asia, and that is with NO expensitures by the Allies for additional units in the Pacific.

The only reason you got me with the Doolittle raid was because I had forgotten that my sub in sz45 was in a hostile sz and you demanded that I use it in combat instead of allowing me the courtesy of moving it to sz60 (it’s intended move during non-com) to back up the CV I had moved there to protect my TP’s. With the sub added there you would never had attacked sz60. And for the record, I won that game anyway  :evil:.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m