• I scanned the posts to see if any similar suggestions has already been discussed, but I could not find any discussions on this topic.

I think a History Discussion forum for discussing order of battles, tactics and strategies of WWII and other conflicts in history, would be really great at this site. I think it’s strange there is no such forum.

I believe a “History Discussion Forum” would fit in well at “Other Forums” next to “Political Discussion” and “Generel Discussion”.

I’m looking forward for this. Thanx.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Not a bad idea. But you’ll have to nag me a few times before it will get done.

• Thanx for reply.

I think a history forum will be very popular. I’m just ready to make several very interesting topics, like fx. how to research the battlefields of history using satelite photos on google maps (I’ve done some genuine research on this field)  :-). I also got a thousand other ideas for topics on a history forum.

I think such a forum could attract different users (no matter what version of a&a they play) for lively discussions.

Is it a huge work? Couldn’t you just copy the code from say “political discussion”, then change the titel to “History”, then remove the posts and then put the code in below “political discussions”?

If it workd this way it should only take few seconds if I’m right? Or maybe it’s more complicated?

• '19 Moderator

That sounds like a good idea to me, I enjoy discussing history.

• That sounds like a good idea to me, I enjoy discussing history.

Great! yeah, who does not  :-)

At this moment history topics, has to be posted on “generel discussion”, which is a very very crowded and fastmoving forum, that could gain a more relaxed pace if a history forum was created.  Although history topics are one of the more popular topics on the generel forum, they tend to dissappear somewhat in a massive pile of everything and nothing.

I really think history deserves its own forum on a site like this.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

nag

• Founder TripleA Admin

It’s not a lot of work if you’re not lazy. What category should the history forum fall under?

Are you interested in writing history-related articles for the website? Something to read to start discussion?

@Colonel:

Thanx for reply.

I think a history forum will be very popular. I’m just ready to make several very interesting topics, like fx. how to research the battlefields of history using satelite photos on google maps (I’ve done some genuine research on this field)  :-). I also got a thousand other ideas for topics on a history forum.

I think such a forum could attract different users (no matter what version of a&a they play) for lively discussions.

Is it a huge work? Couldn’t you just copy the code from say “political discussion”, then change the titel to “History”, then remove the posts and then put the code in below “political discussions”?

If it workd this way it should only take few seconds if I’m right? Or maybe it’s more complicated?

• It’s not a lot of work if you’re not lazy. What category should the history forum fall under?

Are you interested in writing history-related articles for the website? Something to read to start discussion?

I believe it would fit very well in “other forums”. Preferable right above or below “Political Discussion”, Don’ t you agree on that?

Yes I am interested in writing articles, and I have noticed the new forum for that purpose, But I’m going towards some university examinations soon, so I won’t have too much time just next month for a hard research on serious topics/articles . But I may find some time here and there and of course later during vacation. I will keep it in mind.

Thanx  :-D

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, anything to avert attention from the Political Discussion Forum is GREAT!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m