• I don’t think Japanese planes would keep my Russian inf on the eastern front.  Unless of course the western front is being supported by the UK and US.

• other (please specify)

rush to africa and take the terrotories for yourself. better in japan’s hand than the allies.

• @Axis4life:

I don’t think Japanese planes would keep my Russian inf on the eastern front.  Unless of course the western front is being supported by the UK and US.

planes alone would not its true.  What i meant more generally was that I would want to keep japan strong in asia so that russia HAD to make amends for Japan coming up the backside.  it basically maes russia spread itself out as much as possible

• 2007 AAR League

Generally they help eachother quite alot.

Since im the only one here (it seems) that think going after Japan is crusial to victory.

Manly Germany sits back and holds as long as possible, making a attack on West russia/Cauccasus When Japan have amased a lot of forces to make Russia withdraw back to moscow.

They take Cauccasus togheter.

Japan goes after Africa, witch usually is a bit “softer” after the German initial attack.

Japanesse fleet is in atlantic on Round 3-4 half going round southamerica taking Newzeeland and brazil other half goes round Southafrica taking everything as it passes.

Figs can be sent to Europe if Germany are getting whacked.

• wow…so you use Japan as your main battle force huh?

• 2007 AAR League

For me, I have seen great success with Japan acting as the main battle force.  Germany can try to stem the tide of reinforcements to Moscow via Karelia/Archangelisk by first stacking in EEU creating a deadzone in KAR, and then moving up the stack to KAR (or WRUS if possible) to deadzone Arch.

With Germany preventing the UK/US reinforcements from arriving, and Japan holding Africa, it is only a matter of time before Japan overwhelms Russia.

• @rjclayton:

For me, I have seen great success with Japan acting as the main battle force.  Germany can try to stem the tide of reinforcements to Moscow via Karelia/Archangelisk by first stacking in EEU creating a deadzone in KAR, and then moving up the stack to KAR (or WRUS if possible) to deadzone Arch.

With Germany preventing the UK/US reinforcements from arriving, and Japan holding Africa, it is only a matter of time before Japan overwhelms Russia.

Have you had success with this tactic to contain Allied reinforcements to Russia?

I think the Allied numbers and flexibility are too great for Germany to really stop.

• 2007 AAR League

I have, but what I haven’t figured out yet is whether or not the game was already “in the bag” for the axis before that point.  Still fairly inexperienced at this Revised stuff…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m