Aircraft-carriers and planes, and more

• If you are landing planes on an aircraft-carrier, does it have to be done at the beginning of the turn? This is the arguement basically we got into:

1. Can the AC move 2, then have the planes leave and move their 4 moves? Or are those moves of the AC taken off of the planes on them?

On a side note, we also argued about these tank moves:

2. If you combat the land to the right of you and win, but you only used half your troops. Then you want to attack the country 2 to the right, can tanks go through the land you just won? Or is it not legal because you didn’t own it at the beginning of your turn?

3. If you want to amphibious attack with a tank, can it move 2 (or 1) spaces from land to the see edge and then get transported? Likewise, can it start at the sea edge, get transported, THEN move 2 spaces??

• If you are landing planes on an aircraft-carrier, does it have to be done at the beginning of the turn?

No, you can land at the end of your turn as well.

1. Can the AC move 2, then have the planes leave and move their 4 moves?

No, the planes can move 4 total spaces, they can’t get an extra 2 out of the carrier. If they are going to fly somewhere they have to take off before the carrier moves.

2. If you combat the land to the right of you and win, but you only used half your troops. Then you want to attack the country 2 to the right, can tanks go through the land you just won? Or is it not legal because you didn’t own it at the beginning of your turn?

You have to plot out all of your combat moves for the whole turn, then resolve all combat. That means you cound’t have got to the second country during your movement phase and can’t attack it.

3. If you want to amphibious attack with a tank, can it move 2 (or 1) spaces from land to the see edge and then get transported? Likewise, can it start at the sea edge, get transported, THEN move 2 spaces??

No and No. Units can’t move if they are being transported, other than moving into the country where they are unloading.

Hope that helps!

• Good job :wink:

• In regards to your tank answer, i guess i need to be told specifically how the combat turn works.
    I’m confused, after coming from RISK.

In the booklet, it just says that the combat moves must all be done before non-combat. If you didn’t attack with half of the troops in one country, then why can’t they attack next?
    How do you guys play the combat move? Do you move all the troops at once, then individually take the countries to the attack board… we were combatting / rolling one at a time as the desire came to take new land??

So it’s not possible to attack country A with units A, and if they lose, then attack it again with units B from another country?!

• Thanks

• SUD,
    Well said! Good and thorough.
    Another way to put it in short form is…
    During Combat Movement,
    and I quote, "(i)f moving 2 territories, the 1st territory your tank moves through must be controlled by you or a member of your alliance, unless you ‘blitz.’ "[A&A Game Play Manual (Second Edition, p. 13, para. 3, lines 2-5)].
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe we have covered this topic quite adequately. - Xi

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m