Poll: How "Conservative" am I?

• Hate to change the tone, but I’m a heavy moderate. All sides have good points to the issues. Moderates have to make them work in the form of compromise. Don’t stand on either side of the fence, sit on it and take a good look around…

• @TM:

Kurt Schumacher, Konrad Adenauer, Theodor Heuss, and the many others, even the ‘small lights’ :), who stood up against Hitler’s regime were all people of high stature and caliber. I think their political careers and hardships will reflect that.

PS: My ‘favorite’ of the post-World War II German governing body was Willy Brandt, a influential and very well-liked Soical Democrat. I also like Ernst Reuter if you are looking into someone older.

Wait a second, since when do you know who these people are? Willy Brandt is someone on the top of my list of German Chancellors - even if he was a Social Democrat. If memory serves me correct, he received a Nobel Peace Prize (though I forgot what for) and became the “Man of the Year” in 1970(?). Ernst Reuter also deserves high marks for his courage courage and determination during the Berlin Blockade. Both were the mayors of West Berlin during these turbulent times.

• @TG:

Wait a second, since when do you know who these people are? Willy Brandt is someone on the top of my list of German Chancellors - even if he was a Social Democrat. If memory serves me correct, he received a Nobel Peace Prize (though I forgot what for) and became the “Man of the Year” in 1970(?).

The Nobel Prize was porbably for his politics concerning the eastern block. Making weat germany a trustful country with his appearance in Poland etc.

• “Wait a second, since when do you know who these people are? Willy Brandt is someone on the top of my list of German Chancellors - even if he was a Social Democrat. If memory serves me correct, he received a Nobel Peace Prize (though I forgot what for) and became the “Man of the Year” in 1970(?). Ernst Reuter also deserves high marks for his courage courage and determination during the Berlin Blockade. Both were the mayors of West Berlin during these turbulent times.”

Are you forgetting that I helped you write your term paper for European Studies, “The State of Revolution: Western Europe Following World War Two.” :wink:

• Ha. Now, lets never speak of this again :wink:

• Yikes, fascists…commies…I doubt most of you really understand what you are talking about :) Reminds me of school kids debating over Nikes, designer jeans and the like. Sure looks purty, and is all the rage…but completely unaware as to the costs and tradeoffs associated with those costs.

NB: If your thinking, hey I know the cost…$69.99, you have just proven my point.

On any dimension, Fascism & Communism are bankrupt: morally, socially, militarily, economically, spiritually…although, I will acknowledge that Communist theory at least starts with humanistic interests at heart; it is just fatally flawed. I suspect the so called proponents of Fascism have not a whit of a clue as to what Fascism is, and could not even adequately define it. Shiny belts, nice banners, cool military equipment, etc are the regalia of Fascism…they are not Fascism itself. It is hard to believe that any reasonably intelligent and informed person would come anywhere near associating themselves with either of these dogmas in the modern era. As I have no insight into their intelligence, I shall console myself with a belief that they are simply uninformed.

SUD

• I am not a big fan of either facism or Communism. And Moses, you side with the Europeans and Canadians against your fellow American frequently.

Any government system is perfect if perfect people run it. From my point of view, all governments are searches for the best possible leaders. Democracy selects better leaders than Facism.

• I am not a big fan of either facism or Communism. And Moses, you side with the Europeans and Canadians against your fellow American frequently.

Well… I just like to be on the side of the underdogs - that’s how I am. Don’t worry, if the time ever came where I could defend my country from any harm, I glady would do it.

“I regret that I have but one life to give to my country” - Nathan Hale, American Patriot

• DAm Commie :P

• Hey, I’m the damned Commie that’s willing to risk his life for one’s country. :)

“Workers of the World Unite.”

• o yea well im that nice old Ewokist who will risk his fellow Subjects lives for the common good! SWFREAKS,NeoFacists,BTFREAKS, LOZERS, EWOKS of the world UNITE!

• I’m afraid what you think the “common good” is :roll:

• MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! its a mix between :D and :evil: . ;)

• Pardon me for asking, Sir DasEwokSS, but what are ‘SWFREAKS, NeoFacists, and BTFREAKS’?

• Star Wars Freaks , Noe Facists, and BAttleTech Fraks ;)

• You’re a fan of BattleTech? Since when?

• ive bin a Battle Tech fan for about 5years Long Live JAde Falcon!

• 5 years? Good, that’s about the time where I started getting into it (though I’m not sure where the BT Universe stays today - mind if you fill me in? :-?)

And long live Clan Ghost Bear! 8)

• Ghost Bear Eh? well aslong as u are not InnerSphere Scum :) .

well the BT universe isnt doing good. but the MechWarrior games are doing great ;)

• My brother loves battle tech. HIs favorite faction is Word of Blake. They are a radical off-shoot/faction of comstar.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m