• Dis the tooth fairy again and you’ll feel the wrath of Yanny!

• Hmm…I disagree.

Not everyone is doing the all the crap that you pointed out. I don’t agree with it, and I sure as hell don’t participate in it.

I completely disagree with your apathy (maybe disregard) for a God. It’s pretty sad (and blatantly obvious) that you have so little humility as to think that you have as much power as God. It’s one thing to not believe in God, but it’s a whole 'nother to think that you have replaced him. Is it that hard to have faith in something? We may not have the scientific evidence that we are all reliant upon for evidence of a higher power, but is it too hard to comprehend that there may be something bigger and more powerful out there…than you?

I feel pretty sorry for you. That’s all I’ve got to say.

first of all deviant, there is no apathy nor contempt towards god because there is NO god for me. gos never existsed in the first place. god ONLY exists as a concept, an idea, which has long been rendered obsoulete in this age of science and technology. furthermore, he/she/it has been fabricated in a mythological fantsay saga called the “Bible”, Koran, the Torah, etc which isn’t anymore valid in regard to seeking the “unanswerabe questions of life, or the life beyond” than J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings trilogy or Robert Jordan’s “Wheel of Time” series–which i may add is an awesome fantsay saga. Another thing, and this maybe beyond your little feeble Christian mind’s ability to comprehend, but God was never REPLACED because there wasn’t a god IN THE FIRST PLACE! we (as individual human beings) are ALL our own Gods in our own right. (When i say god is dead though, i mean it is dead as a concept, like an idea for a new Axis and Allies game being flatly rejected by the people who make the axis and allies games.)

Is it that hard to have faith in something?

Well anyone with a fourth of a brain mass would come to the realization that “faith” is totaly futile. Just because we HOPE for something does not mean our wish will have any affect on something in the end.
    As a good christian im sure you’ve heard the phrase, “Jessus only helps those who help themselves…” don’t you find that INTERESTING thats the case? that ‘our lord savior HolY Christ’ will only help the poor, foodless mother in Afghanistan feed her children if she gets thhe food herself? Come on man! this is irrational and just plain ridiculous! IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE THAN SCREW THE FAITH AND GET IT PHYSICALLY DONE!!!

Look, we all live in this great nation America and one of the tents of the Bill of Rights is that we may worship whatever we want. If you want to be a Christian, fine, do what you want! I personally have nothing against christians untill they attempt to shove thier ideology and religious babble down peoples throat (i also have the same contempt towards people of ANY religion who are responsible for indoctrinating people against thier will) but i do hate the christian religion. if you dont like that–too bad. not everyone in this world is going to agree with your religion–i sure as hell dont.

and another thing, the only person you should feel sorry for is yourself. you have been infected with the “Christian’s Disease” which makes those infected with the inability to see things logically and enslaved to a fabrication that eventually leads to a life of hypocrisy, intolerance, close mindness, and inability to make good judgements

• I sense a lot of ill malice here. For the Christians, they think it is their mission to spread the teachings of Christ. Just as I, an A&A player, think it is my duty to spread the teachings of “Don’s Free Eassys” and TM’s and My “Theories on ATB.” I don’t see much of a problem in it, as long as it isn’t forced.

• I have faith in what I can touch, feel, and see. I have faith in myself and the people around me. I do not have faith in what some 2000 year old power hungary meglomaniacs thought up.

• eyeless_9mm,
    I’m sensing a lot of anger from you. There are some great relaxation techniques available for people with that kind of anger.
    Also i appear to be one of those people with 1/4 brain mass. It’s amazing what willpower and talent will get you these days . . . . :D

• “I’m sensing a lot of anger from you.”

God will accept you even if you won’t. But if you are not happy without God, then it might be hard to be happy even with him.

“I do not have faith in what some 2000 year old power hungary meglomaniacs thought up.”

I do not think the people who started the church were power hungary meglomaniacs… at least I hope they were not. But remember, there has never been something so old that it was not new and something so new that it will not be old.

• Ok, then I declare my offical Religion Jedi. Its regonized in Australia as an offical religion with 78,000 members.

• @cystic:

eyeless_9mm,
    I’m sensing a lot of anger from you. There are some great relaxation techniques available for people with that kind of anger.
    Also i appear to be one of those people with 1/4 brain mass. It’s amazing what willpower and talent will get you these days . . . . :D

@9mm:

Well anyone with a fourth of a brain mass would come to the realization that “faith” is totaly futile. Just because we HOPE for something does not mean our wish will have any affect on something in the end.

I agree with 9mm, you do not need to have a big formation in Philo/Physic/Math to understand why god is an incoherence. But this is not only a problem of intelligence, because i am sure CC have all he need to be atheist, but for some it is clearly impossible, they don’t have the will to make a rigorous look at god. And anyway, so much people believe like them it is far easier to follow. God does not exist, but people prefer to live with a lie, it’s easier than to live alone… We don,t need a lot of thinking to understand why religion is all pink for the believer, they will be saved, eternal joy, eternal life…

Also it is very, very hard to admit that all your life you talk to something that does not even exist.

• Ok, then I declare my offical Religion Jedi. Its regonized in Australia as an offical religion with 78,000 members.

Good. Now be one with the Force.

• @FinsterniS:

God does not exist, but people prefer to live with a lie, it’s easier than to live alone…

You can’t prove that God doesn’t exist…any more than I can prove that he does. So don’t be so sure of yourself.

@FinsterniS:

Also it is very, very hard to admit that all your life you talk to something that does not even exist.

Again, the only way we can truly know if God exists or not is to die. Not many ways to admit something once you’re dead, 'eh FinsternisS? That’s probably the more rational explanation for why people don’t admit it.

• @Deviant:Scripter:

You can’t prove that God doesn’t exist…any more than I can prove that he does. So don’t be so sure of yourself.

ta ta ta…

You can’t prove the tooth fairy does not exist
    You can’t prove Odin does not exist
    You can’t prove Kami does not exist
    You can’t prove Trolls does not exist

But, i image you do not believe in the tooth fairy, you do not believe in odin and you do not believe in Kami… Why ? Because you have not a single reason to believe they exist… and i can assure you that if they were of any use to calm down people like god is, people would believe in the tooth fairy and in trolls…

There is some rules in science, we do not claim the existance of something if we have no reason to. Note that i never said we cannot believe in something that is not proven, for exemple Telepathy. The problem is that everywhere God is; in the creation of the universe, in the creation of humanity (et cetera), there is a logical, rational explanaition. But often people choose easy answer, even more if the answer is as golden as god, i mean, living an illusion with god give you so much hope, eternal life, eternal joy, no need to think if something is wrong; god say it for you.

So… i cannot be 100% sure god doest not exist, that would not be rational, but i believe that he is as probable as the tooth fairy…

• By law Australia has to accept any religion where over 10,000 people as it during a census. I believe this means federal funding )

• @FinsterniS:

@Deviant:Scripter:

ta ta ta…

You can’t prove the tooth fairy does not exist
    You can’t prove Odin does not exist
    You can’t prove Kami does not exist
    You can’t prove Trolls does not exist

But, i image you do not believe in the tooth fairy, you do not believe in odin and you do not believe in Kami… Why ? Because you have not a single reason to believe they exist… and i can assure you that if they were of any use to calm down people like god is, people would believe in the tooth fairy and in trolls…

There is some rules in science, we do not claim the existance of something if we have no reason to. Note that i never said we cannot believe in something that is not proven, for exemple Telepathy. The problem is that everywhere God is; in the creation of the universe, in the creation of humanity (et cetera), there is a logical, rational explanaition. But often people choose easy answer, even more if the answer is as golden as god, i mean, living an illusion with god give you so much hope, eternal life, eternal joy, no need to think if something is wrong; god say it for you.

So… i cannot be 100% sure god doest not exist, that would not be rational, but i believe that he is as probable as the tooth fairy…

One can’t be sure that I didn’t wake up this moring with a horn in my head.
    However, from our understanding of SCIENCE, everyone knows that I did not wake up this morning with a horn.

I can’t prove God exists, but from my understanding of/in science,
    I belive he/she does not.

• I wouldn’t expect you to Mr. Ghoul.
    Somehow you don’t strike me as that type of person. :wink:

How would your understanding of science convince you that God does not exist?

• Ghoul regularly sprouts horns from his head.
    i don’t know WHO he’s trying to fool . . . .

• I think the time has come for the final battle between theism and atheism. Lets hope it will be a good one…

• I think the time has come for the final battle between theism and atheism. Lets hope it will be a good one…

The GASF will win ! (German Atheist Scientific Force)

• Oh I thought it meant German Atheist Scientific Fools.

• @EmuGod:

Oh I thought it meant German Atheist Scientific Fools.

haha

That’s an interpretation…

Fin

• Ha, I wouldn’t know about that…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m