• Hey gang,

I have another topic in another area meeting with stiff resistance. I hope that because I made the mistake of posting it in the wrong area.

I named the topic Unique rules. My mission was to find out what house rules vareations people use to add or disregard as the reader pleased.

For example in my group we decided that BB’s get 2 dice like BMR’s this will help separate them from destroyers also having the coastal bombardment ability.

Now what I want from you is rule variations you use in your groups or maybe have seen in other places to keep the game interesting. Also I would like it if you posted a justification as to the reason for the variation if any.

Thank you all,

• @losttribe04:

Hey gang,

I have another topic in another area meeting with stiff resistance. I hope that because I made the mistake of posting it in the wrong area.

I named the topic Unique rules. My mission was to find out what house rules vareations people use to add or disregard as the reader pleased.

For example in my group we decided that BB’s get 2 dice like BMR’s this will help separate them from destroyers also having the coastal bombardment ability.

Now what I want from you is rule variations you use in your groups or maybe have seen in other places to keep the game interesting. Also I would like it if you posted a justification as to the reason for the variation if any.

Thank you all,

Do you use LHTR?

We use more than just one or two house rules, we use a whole rules set: Enhanced.  Click on my signature for the rules.  These are based on LHTR.

If you are a fan of the National Advantages, the least you can do is read the Enhanced National Advantages as we’ve balanced them alot better and tweaked a few others that were overpowered.

Good gaming!

• Hey,

I’m trying to keep this general. another rule we made was INF can spawn from any location not to exceed that locations IPC value.
    Only if the location belonged to that country at the beginning of the game.
    Our reasoning for this was Melita units could be made from no where for the most part. They didn’t roll off the assembly line like other equipment.

• Like i said in the other post …post all the rules and well have a looksy.

• @losttribe04:

I’m trying to keep this general. another rule we made was INF can spawn from any location not to exceed that locations IPC value.
    Only if the location belonged to that country at the beginning of the game.
    Our reasoning for this was Melita units could be made from no where for the most part. They didn’t roll off the assembly line like other equipment.

Indeed they don’t roll off the assembly line.
    In Historical Edition (AARHE) we do that too, you spawn INF from Victory Cities.
    Rather than massive INF build/stack at Capitals.

• Hey,

Do you know where I can get a link to the AARHE rule set?

• AXIS & ALLIES REVISED EDITION: RULE AMENDMENT

I follow all the OOB rules with the addendum that follows:

• Battleships (BB) use two dice when attacking (like Bombers).The reason for this rule is Destroyers are for the most part like BB’s in every way but cost. If you’re going to shell out the extra IPC’s I think you should get your moneys worth.

• BB’s can take two hits and after combat is complete BB’s heal back to two hits.
    When the BB gets one hit you place it on its side to acknowledge the first hit. After all rounds of combat have been completed and the battleship is still alive it repairs it self and can be placed on upright again ready to take two hits again.

• Infantry (INF) can spawn in any territory, with these conditions. INF placement can not to exceed the IPC value of that territory. INF can only be placed in territories that the placing nation controlled at the beginning of the game.
    The reason here is Militia groups can form any where. I also think that the IPC index has a pretty good layout for the populated areas. For example Russia can produce more INF than say the Soviet Far East.

• Invading a neutral country costs 3 IPC’s and will continue to cost 3 IPC’s at the beginning of every turn you control this territory. The IPC’s will be taken at the initial placement of troops. You will not have to pay again until the following turn begins, during the purchase units phase (NO IOU’s) 
    This is to simulate, the resistance movement you would be creating by you unwanted occupation.

• NEW UNIT: Duce and half’s. COST 4 IPC / MOVE 2 / ATTACK none / DEFENSE 1 / CARRING CAPACITY. 1 artillery or 1 INF (not both)
    Duce and half’s move with the same rules as transports with the exception they move on land not on sea. During the war they were used to move troops and equipment to keep up with Armor units. We felt it only fair to limit capacity to half of a transports given the size ratio between the two.

• National discounted units. Each nation has 1 predetermined unit that gets discounted only for that nation:
    Russia: buy 8 INF get 2 free
    Germany: buy 6 tanks get 2 free
    UK: buy 3 bombers get 1 free
    Japan: buy 3 fighters get 1 free
    US: buy 4 artillery get 1 free

• Home land security bonus: At the end of a nations turn if they hold all their original territories add 5 IPC’s to their collected income pile.
    I know this rule reeks of risk rules but we thought we would give it a try.

• @losttribe04:

Hey,

Do you know where I can get a link to the AARHE rule set?

Look at Tekkyy’s signature, and follow that…

• We also changed how subs react to attack. For that they revert back to the classic rules of 1)submerge, 2) Retreat, 3) engage enemy.

• BB’s can take two hits and after combat is complete BB’s heal back to two hits.

Isn’t that OOB?

By the way I think two dice BB is very strong.
    Have you considered opening fire instead of two dice?
    Thats an alternative way to give it value.

• Well in his defense i actually have 2 games (using d12 system) that have both a primary and secondary attack ( the primary is pre-emtive)

but the economy of scale is quite different from regular AA

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m