@OutsideLime:

@newpaintbrush:

I believe that AA guns revert to their ORIGINAL OWNER when liberated.

So if you had an AA gun that was produced by the Americans, that got captured by the Germans, if the UK captured the territory that that AA gun was in, control of the AA gun would go to the America player.

5.  Japan retakes Egypt.  Egypt, the IC, and the Japanese-marked AA become Japanese.  You can remove the Japanese NM.  The German-marked AA gun reverts to German control, and keeps its German NM.

• All of this assumes that all capitals are under the original nation’s control - it gets trickier when they aren’t.

I believe this is wrong.  I don’t believe AAs retain thier nationality.
    In this case both would become Japan’s, since Egy is an allied ter it would be treated as if UK had bought the IC and built 2 AAs of its own.

A similar situation can occur in Wrus.  Say Russia moves an AA there to defend but Germany takes it, claims the AA, then UK counters and wins the AA on the UK turn.  The AA does not revert back to Russia (b/c the ter was German to start the game), all Russian control was lost once Germany recalimed Wrus.

Had this taken place on Arch, then the AA would revert back to Russian control with the UK liberation.

• @DarthMaximus:

I believe this is wrong.  I don’t believe AAs retain thier nationality.

WHY do you believe that?

The rulebook does say control of the AA gun reverts to the original owner.

• I was originally of that mind too, but my mind has been changed.  The rulebook is quite clear about it.

“If you liberate a territory containing a captured antiaircraft gun, control reverts to the original owner.”  OM, pg 25.

“Original Owner” means, to me, the nation that built (or started the game with) the AA gun.

~Josh

Yes, In terms of liberation or the original owner of the territory.

But in this case, Japan is not liberating anything, they are reclaiming Egy, which is originally British.

If the two guns are moved to Lib, THEN Japan takes it over, both guns become German as does the ter.

I’ll have to look at the exact wording though.  I could be wrong.

@OutsideLime:

I was originally of that mind too, but my mind has been changed.  The rulebook is quite clear about it.Â

"If you liberate a territory containing a captured antiaircraft gun, control reverts to the original owner."  OM, pg 25.

“Original Owner” means, to me, the nation that built (or started the game with) the AA gun.

~Josh

That’s possible OR “original owner” could refer to the Territory itself.  Since you are dealing with liberation.

EDIT:

In this case Japan IS NOT liberating Egy, they are CONQUERING it.  It doesn’t matter if they conquered it the previous turn as well.

This is from P18 (under aa-guns)

Usable by invading forces:  If a territory is captured any antiaircraft guns there are captured.  Their new owner is the player owning that territiory at the end of this turn.

P11 Capturing a territory

Any antiaircraft gun or industrial complex in the captured territory remains there but now belongs to your alliance.

Now, Liberating a Territory

P11
    Antiaircraft guns or industrial complexes in that territory revert to the original controller of the territory.

Assumeing everyone still holds their capitals.

I’m simply treating the Japan-Egy thing as capturing a territory, not liberating.

• I agree with DM.  Note that it says “original controller of the territory” NOT “original owner of the AA or Industrial complex.”

• Ooo.  Interesting.

“so rested by the tum tum tree
    and stood awhile in thought.”

• Aw dammit.  Don’t tell me I have to scrape the colour off my AA guns now  :roll:

~Josh

• Lime has it correct.

They easy way to remember it is
    GREY PIECES BELONG TO THE OWNER OF THE TERRITORY THEY ARE IN WHEN THAT TERRITORY CHANGES HANDS.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m