• This reply is two parts

1. No I’m not calling you a slow unit.

2. I was thinking of the classic rules when a sub had the option to 1) submerge, 2) retreat to adjacent sea zone, 3) stay and attack. Sorry for the mix up.

• 2007 AAR League

In classic subs can never submerge.  They can only withdraw or stay and fight.

• @rjclayton:

In classic subs can never submerge.  They can only withdraw or stay and fight.

Right, but this is the Revised forum.  :p

I haven’t played Classic in a long time.  I seem to recall a certain Russian fighter blowing up a German sub, though . . .

• 2007 AAR League

FYI - It was in reply to this:

@losttribe04:

1. I was thinking of the classic rules when a sub had the option to 1) submerge, 2) retreat to adjacent sea zone, 3) stay and attack. Sorry for the mix up.

• @rjclayton:

FYI - It was in reply to this:

@losttribe04:

1. I was thinking of the classic rules when a sub had the option to 1) submerge, 2) retreat to adjacent sea zone, 3) stay and attack. Sorry for the mix up.

oic.

• 2007 AAR League

@losttribe04:

Yeah Baghdaddy,

My American Military History Prof. said the same thing in collage. He told us to look at oceans as high-ways not road blocks.

Thanks guys.  I got a bit long winded there (it was the wine in the glass).  What more can you expect from retired Chief with 22+ years of service?

• @Baghdaddy:

What more can you expect from retired Chief with 22+ years of service?

I expect results.  :lol:

• One thing to remember in this game as navy is discussed…

1 BB with 1 TRN that is loaded with 1 INF, 1 ART that is out of range of massed enemy navy/air is a seriously annoying force.  They have good mobility, great punch against lightly held territories (and automatic take against vacant of course) and has enough ‘oomph’ in it as a defenisve force to take a pretty significant dedication of force to destroy.

And other than Russia, any nation can pretty much float that force at any time…

Always be aware of the potential (especially for Japan or US) to drop such a force when you are otherwise focused on the other side of the world…

• In the revised rule set can you use bombers to move 1 INF as paratroopers like in classic? If so has any one used this airborne idea to island hop?

• I am not aware of any paratroopers in any game, except as an optional rule for “3rd Edition”, the Hasbro CD-Rom

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m