Explain your avatar / screen name

• 2007 AAR League

I’ve switched mine from Bucky Katt to Satchel Pooch - he’s just so much friendlier! And he looks so harmless, it will lull my opponents into a false sense of security - appears to have worked on NCSCSwitch so far in our league game… or maybe he’s just doing the same to me…

• Bucky Kat is so much cooler. :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

i dont know, the dogs pretty cool.

why have i never heard of satchel pooch or buckey cat?

• 2007 AAR League

My guess would be cuz you don’t read Get Fuzzy - check http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/ or alternatively my homepage http://frood.net/. Unfortunately today’s strip is not a good intro - I don’t get it myself.

• '19 Moderator

If you read to days it will become clear… Grapes aren’t food!  At least not for Foodar… Hey that’s almost like Froodster.  Froodster - Foodar Hmmm secret identity?

• 2007 AAR League

Well I do have a keen nose for food….

• '19 Moderator

lol

• The truth comes out, Frood is a devious feline that wants our food! :wink:

• That explains why I like him then… I am a “cat person”  :-)

• Oh really? M36 is a cat person too. :-P I would never admit this to anyone I know.

• 2007 AAR League

So now that you’ve admitted it M36, will you be changing the statement under your avatar to “My Katz”?

Just to keep this partially on topic, the U-505 was a WWII sub that was captured and is currently on display at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. I was born and raised in Chicago and my grandparents(all German) emmigrated to the US in between the world wars so my screenname is a loose connection between me, my heritage, my hometown, my preferred A&A country, and my favorite museum. My avatar is now THE U-505.

• @U-505:

So now that you’ve admitted it M36, will you be changing the statement under your avatar to “My Katz”?

Just to keep this partially on topic, the U-505 was a WWII sub that was captured and is currently on display at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. I was born and raised in Chicago and my grandparents(all German) emmigrated to the US in between the world wars so my screenname is a loose connection between me, my heritage, my hometown, my preferred A&A country, and my favorite museum. My avatar is now THE U-505.

I actually remember travelling to Chicago as a kid, visiting the Museum of Science & Industry and seeing the U-505 and walking inside it.  Pretty cool!  The other cool thing I remember (or, at least, it was memorable) was they had one inch cross-sections of a human (a female as I recall) between panes of plexiglass so you could see all the organs and stuff.  Pretty macabre actually now that I think about it.  But it was one kick-ass museum (in one kick-ass town, I might add).  :-)  The only thing I wouldn’t trade Chicago for is the weather!  I’ll keep my Florida sunshine, thank you very much!  :-D

• screen name - crypt has several meanings - it functions as a place to lay the dead, and in another context, it is a histological feature of the lining of the small intestine (crypts of lieberkune -sp-).  Cystic simply means being cystic in structure - basically a fluid enclosed sac.  a cystic crypt is when the aformentioned crypts form cysts - usually in certain diseased conditions.  This is also known as a “crypt abscess” - my login name at the Neverwinter Nights website.

avatar - me firing off a clip from an m16 during my visit with dezrtfish in Az during a very fun and memorable visit.  (sadly, i’m worried that it might be memorable for DF too in that this is one of those things that women tend to remind their men about frequently in strategic implementation of certain objectives (i.e. visiting their mother/sister, cleaning the house/garage, etc.).

• 2007 AAR League

My avatar is now a play on the ipod commercials

• My avatar is my son (approx. 12-13 mos. at the time of the pic) in an outfit my parents got for me when I was a kid.  Strangely enough, it resembles some of the uniforms found in the German concentration camps.

• My name is Tony Montana. I import cocaine in Miami. And I want you to “say hello to my little friend”

• 2007 AAR League

@Gamer:

@U-505:

I actually remember travelling to Chicago as a kid, visiting the Museum of Science & Industry and seeing the U-505 and walking inside it.  Pretty cool!  The other cool thing I remember (or, at least, it was memorable) was they had one inch cross-sections of a human (a female as I recall) between panes of plexiglass so you could see all the organs and stuff.  Pretty macabre actually now that I think about it.  But it was one kick-a** museum (in one kick-a** town, I might add).  :-)  The only thing I wouldn’t trade Chicago for is the weather!  I’ll keep my Florida sunshine, thank you very much!  :-D

I agree. I’ve already paid my dues with the Chicago winters. The only thing wrong with Chicago is that it isn’t in Hawaii. Or Illinois isn’t in the south pacific.

Did you see the huge electric train layout? Or the coal mine? The Shedd Aquarium, Art Institute, and Field Museum are world class but the Museum of Science and Industry has all of the coolest toys. And you can’t visit Chicago without seeing the U-505. It’s a landmark. Plus, now it’s got a new building all to itself to protect it from deterioration with some added interactive stuff to play with. I think I’m going to plan a summer vacation just to go up and see it.

• @Jermofoot:

My avatar is my son (approx. 12-13 mos. at the time of the pic) in an outfit my parents got for me when I was a kid.  Strangely enough, it resembles some of the uniforms found in the German concentration camps.

Strange.

And suspicious.

• @newpaintbrush:

@Jermofoot:

My avatar is my son (approx. 12-13 mos. at the time of the pic) in an outfit my parents got for me when I was a kid.  Strangely enough, it resembles some of the uniforms found in the German concentration camps.

Strange.

And suspicious.

Hey, I didn’t go so far as to fashion him a yellow star.  Or a pink triangle, or other such markings used to identify the sin of the captive.

I should also mention that it was my parents that dressed him up and did the photo shoot.  If it were me, he’d probably look like a pirate.

• Yes, I also noticed the lack of the yellow star.

That is why I added one on the picture that I set as my desktop’s wallpaper.

@Jermofoot:

I should also mention that it was my parents that dressed him up and did the photo shoot.

I see.  Tell me more about these “parents”.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m