• Only if I can bring and set up the big board:

http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorseman2/AAspringgathering.html

believe it or not, it’s mobile and fits in the back of the Durango!

Good gaming!

• @axis_roll:

Only if I can bring and set up the big board:

http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorseman2/AAspringgathering.html

believe it or not, it’s mobile and fits in the back of the Durango!

Good gaming!

I hope you can make it.

I have a 3 by 5 I’ll be bringing. It rolls up so its easy to take with me.

Squirecam

• Darth, and all you fellow Chicago-ites

You should make the short trip to the Spring Gathering.

Friday March 30 & Saturday March 31.

We can see your KJF in person.  :-)

Squirecam

• 2007 AAR League

You can also bomb those ICs.
    Unless you spend $$ buying an extra aa.
    One less attacking unit has to be moved from Japan (AA for other IC).

Production capacity as mentioned by Darth.  Well stated.  Maximize production first.

Finally, Transports get those inf off the Islands into Asia.

To me, even in KJF, aside from the inf on the non producing Islands, the inf on the Big Islands can be shucked to Asia.

Does it make the Island more defenseless?  Yes.  However, with bombardment and ftrs coming strong, defending inf will rarely defend the Island from occupation.  More times than not, w/o loss.  Why not have those inf on your asian front.

Not buying inf also means you can buy other stuff to keep the US in the eastern pacific.

• Darth has hit on the key theme for Japan in the early and mid game… utilization of capacity.

If they have a tone of capacity, but lack the income to fully implement it, then why did you invest in the IC’s to begin with?

Max out capacity, then UPGRADE that capacity yeild (replacing INF with INF/ART combos, then later INF/ARM) so that you get the maximum bang out of every potential unit of production.  Then, once you have maxed out production, THINK about adding more capacity.  And once you are CERTAIN you can fill that, AND defend your existing capacity, etc. it might be a good idea to add more capacity.

Purely a business situation here… excess capcity is a waste of resources.

• Capacity is not the only issue though.  Placement flexibility is important too.  Having more than one location from which to mobilize troops gives you more tactical options, and forces the foe to adapt to new centres of strength.

~Josh

• 2007 AAR League

But the IC´s can allso be used as “anchors” to defend the mainland from US/USSR double team grabs. (with can be nasty for the Axis)

But im all for the hit Japan first thing (not neccesarily killing him), but he can´t be let free to roam Asia/Africa/Australia-new zeeland…  it´s devestating for the allies, and more importantly the Russians.

If russia stacks Buryatia, puts 2 arm in yakut, UK kills the kwang trn (witch i failed to do twice in a row…), UK attacks FIC with 3 inf, 1 fig, lands fig in Sinkiang), Assembles UK Pacific fleet in SZ30.

USA can then choose how to do things, same for Russia and UK on turn 2.

Germany and Japan have allready shown their hand, and with 1 Trn Buryatia attack is risky, even if Pearl is ignored, if Fic was wiped, China will be harder, Sinkiang IC would look tempting.

If japan ignores pearl US have got a free carrier/sub/fig that can be nasty in the long run…

But my bottom line is Japan can´t be set loose unrestrained.

@squirecam:

Darth, and all you fellow Chicago-ites

Squirecam

Not gonna be able to make it in March.  :-(

Look over there!!!

adds US ships to Pacific

• @DarthMaximus:

@squirecam:

Darth, and all you fellow Chicago-ites

Squirecam

Not gonna be able to make it in March.   :-(

Look over there!!!

adds US ships to Pacific

This is also a bad weekend for me, unfortunately  :(

• '19 Moderator

@Nix:

But im all for the hit Japan first thing (not neccesarily killing him), but he can´t be let free to roam Asia/Africa/Australia-new zeeland…   it´s devestating for the allies, and more importantly the Russians.

If russia stacks Buryatia, puts 2 arm in yakut, UK kills the kwang trn (witch i failed to do twice in a row…), UK attacks FIC with 3 inf, 1 fig, lands fig in Sinkiang), Assembles UK Pacific fleet in SZ30.

USA can then choose how to do things, same for Russia and UK on turn 2.

Germany and Japan have allready shown their hand, and with 1 Trn Buryatia attack is risky, even if Pearl is ignored, if Fic was wiped, China will be harder, Sinkiang IC would look tempting.

If japan ignores pearl US have got a free carrier/sub/fig that can be nasty in the long run…

But my bottom line is Japan can´t be set loose unrestrained.

If anyone wants to monitor this in action see the league game between Nix and myself. ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m