• 2007 AAR League

I really like the blue german pieces.  It makes me wonder if the colours for the other powers should maybe also be a different colour from their territory.  It makes it much easier to distinguish the units (even with the white background it is still a little difficult).

• Ah, so much to reply to!

@djensen:

Ok, then my only recommendation is to make the playing pieces 25% larger. Not much but just a little. The reason being that they are currently a little too easy to miss with the mouse on a 1400x1050 screen, or even a 1280x1024 screen.

I can increase the “click-regoin” on the units to make them easier to hit with the mouse without increasing the image size.  Would that suffice?

@rjclayton:

I really like the blue german pieces. It makes me wonder if the colours for the other powers should maybe also be a different colour from their territory. It makes it much easier to distinguish the units (even with the white background it is still a little difficult).

Easy change.  Any recommendations for the colors?

@rjclayton:

Here’s a .mvf file of the initial setup.

Someone should check this to make sure it’s right.

Thanks!

Mot

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

England could be darker brown.  Russia could be purple.  America could be darkger green.  Japan could be bright yellow.  /shrug.  Just some suggestions.  Though, I like this a lot better.

Too bad we can’t get a map that fits on the screen of a wide screen computer. :(

• I tweaked the colors a bit (available for download now as the same name as before), but will do more tonite.

The problem with darkening all the units up is they start looking close to each other again, so I went the other way on some.  Russia for example is a more muted red-purple as opposed to the dark red from before.  (Please note the effect on the Russian Infantry, I think it helps prevent those lighter-colored units from getting washed out by the white border.

I think that effect would help the US units too.

I did darken the UK units as requested.

Japan is now red (yellow really got washed out by the white border).

I pulled in the Initial Setup (thanks!).

I haven’t adjusted the images or click regions yet.

Keep that fedback coming!

Mot

An icon for current land value would be great.  Also, placing of starting icons for cash on hand in Saudi Arabia would be helpful.

Anyway we can make it easier to line up units?  That big white box with the four arrows makes it hard.  I can adapt, but it would be nicer to have a smaller white box.

Also, and I know this is almost assuredly not possible, anyway we can drag a box around multiple units to move simultaniously?

• I think the IPC value is printed right on the map?

The initial setup map should include cash on hand, but it doesn’t yet.

Anyway we can make it easier to line up units?  That big white box with the four arrows makes it hard.  I can adapt, but it would be nicer to have a smaller white box.

I honestly don’t quite know what you mean.  The only big white box with four arrows I know of is the “panning” icon that come up if you hold CTRL while clicking on the map (and is used to pan or scroll the map without using the scroll bars).  But I don’t think that’s what you meant.

Grabbing multiple units is not actually impossible give the current architecture of MapView, it’s just more difficult than I’ve got time in the next week or so to tackle.  A managed to get that tear-off-the-top drag behavior in so who knows, maybe I’ll get mult-drag in easier than anticipated as well.

Mot

Hmm, on mine when I drag a unit I get a 1inch square box instead of the unit I am moving.  Hard to drop onto an existing stack.

• I bet you are running under low-color settings  Unless you PC is really old there really is no reason for doing so these days.  Right-click on your desktop and select “Properties” -> “settings” -> “Color Quality” and set it to 32 bit.

I imagine to whole module would have looked a bit funny if you were running a subset of the colors.  I’m curious to see how it looks to you after the change.

Mot

I’m already running 32 bit with widescreen.  Laptop’s less then a year old.

I’m using the mod with the intial piece set up.  Unless you have a better one I can use.  Maybe something got screwed up with that module?

• 2007 AAR League

Maybe try uninstalling mapview then reinstalling it?  When I dragged and dropped units it showed the unit the whole time.

installing…funny. hehe.  All I did was drop the program into the specified folder.  Was there something else I should have done?  It was not a self extracting file or anything.  No real “installing” in the conventional use of the word.

Though, my familiarty with this program is VERY limited.  I more then likely did cause some error.  Should I delete and redownload the file, drop it into the directory, or whatever?

• I don’t have a clue what you could do to cause that effect.  I assume that you installed the original MapView and then just dropped the new exe in the same folder.  That should work.

I think it just doesn’t like you  :wink:

Are all of the other modules broken too?

Mot

the rest seem to work fine.  Seem being the opperative word, since I wouldn’t know if they were NOT working. Tee-hehehe

Just redownloaded it and reinstalled it.

Here’s what I’m noticing, it still says version 2.16 not 3.18.  Could that be the reason?

• 2007 AAR League

Oh yeah, you have to run the new EXE file that you put in, you can’t use the start menu shortcut or the original exe.

Okay, fixed that.  But they don’t auto stack anymore. (as in if I drop it right on top of the other, literally lining it up so that there is no exposed border from the other unit)

This another ID10T error on my part?

• I fixed that in build 18 (the overlap detection code needed to be adjusted for such small units).

I’m re-uploading the module and build 18 just to make sure I didn’t do someting stupid (upload the wrong file perhaps).

Does anyone else have the merge-drop problem?  (Mine seems to work OK).

Mot

• By the way, any comments on the Russian Infantry?  I’m thinking about applying that effect to all the unit of each country.

Mot

• 2007 AAR League

I like the Russian infantry, with the black outline inside the white outline. That should show up on ANY background.

The only unit I feel really strongly should be changed is the artillery - it just looks dorky.

Can we swap colors for Russia and Japan?  Kinda confusing to see Japan as Red.

Actually, Japan as dark yellow would be better, and Russia as Red.

Anybody else notice Ver 3 is opening a lot faster then Ver 2?  Or is it just because I hate it less now I have transferred less negative energy on the program???

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m