• Hi folks looking for inpurt again.  I have several SS PZ IV’s and am trying to get my mind around how I would use that ability.  Any thoughts?

Axis fan

• I’ve always likened the ability to a shield; it can be used both offensively and defencively. Though most people these days tend to only think of shields as a defencive item.

The general tactic is to rush up to your opponent’s tank on a turn you win initiative, and give them the option of staying there or moving and being hit with defencive-fire; the alternative being they get blasted at point blank range. It’s most effective when you catch your opponent out of cover, and even better if you can get your tank into fire. However it has a few drawbacks, and a poorly executed one can cost you your tank. You can alter this tactic to use the Aggressive Defence I described in my Tactics 103 article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/ah20070202c).

The other use of Battlefield Awareness is fairly passive; it simply prevents vehicles from getting around point blank to the weak rear. If you use a couple of these tanks they can cover a reasonable area and prevent enemy vehicles from attempting to simply slip around (your vehicles, a certain location, etc).

Unfortunately the SS-Pz IV F2 is very prone to aerial attack, and battlefield awareness can be overwhelmed by sheer numbers (darn T-70s).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m