• I will be playing two n00b in the future. Since i am most experienced a&a player i get germany and Japen. Since i am n00b and never played those two country before i asking for some strategy help! All i know is that it is important to take over Africa that it!!! HELP

• Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. As Japan, it is important to expand quickly to improve your economy but not to over extend your forces too much. On turn 1, I like to attack the American fleet at Hawaii using the fighter from the Philippines, the carrier, fighter, and battleship from the Caroline Islands and the submarine in the Pacific. Attack Soviet East Asia with the 2 infantry from Japan and using the fighter from Japan. Ferry the troops over with the transport on the Sea of Japan and use the battleship on the Sea of Japan to bombard Soviet East Asia by moving it north to the sea zone bordering Soviet East Asia. Use the 2 infantry from Kwangtung, 2 infantry from Manchruia and the fighter from Manchuria to invade China and use the 2 infantry from French Indo-China, the fighter from French-Indo-China and the bomber from Japan to invade India. Buy 2 transports and 3 infantry. Move at least one if not both of the infantry from the Philippines via the transport there to French Indo-China for defence. Hopefully, you should be able to capture at least 2 of your targets. On turn 2, if possible, use the newly bought transports from Turn 1 to invade the Hawaiian Islands and midway Island. If the American fleet from the N. Pacific sea destroyed your fleet in Hawaii, don’t bother with this. It’s important to get an industrial complex on the Asian mainland as quickly as possible. I recommend either French Indo-china, India or Manchuria as a suitable site for one but Kwangtung can also work. I hope this helps you somewhat. Don’t forget to constantly replenish your transports in order to ferry more troops over from Japan and dont forget not too expand too quickly. Japan’s forces can thin out very easily if you become too greedy too early. I hope this helps you somewhat and please let me know how it goes. Good luck!

• Yeah, listen to what Emu has to say.

• Trusting me this much, eh? I think a second opinion for harry456 would be nice and a German strategy please. I’m not very good with Germany.

• Well if he wants to win that badly use this strat (I’m not sure this is RR [Russia Restricted] but I’ll assume the worst):

Moses’ Masterpiece #7: Handling the Worst Case Scenario for Germany

Russia Unrestricted represents a hard case scenario for Germany. Assuming that the Russian is playing nearly flawless with a huge amount of luck, we can expect a severely handicapped Germany for the rest of the game. The two foremost handicaps are the complete loss of Germany’s North Atlantic Fleet and of Ukraine. Also, Karelia should be a fortress, Ukraine a death trap, and the Soviet Navy should rendezvous with the British in the English Channel. What is the hard luck German supposed to do?

Note:
    I have received several comments if Russia should attack Norway or Eastern Europe on T1 instead of Ukraine. First the conquest of Norway should wait until T2. Norway is basically a stranded island and sitting ducking to the Russian army. Micah Burress comments that the ARM used in the invasion is safe from a possible German counterattack at Ukraine. However, I feel this is untrue since the German Luftwaffe is used to attack the British Navy, leaving only German panzers to the dirty work. Of course by doing so, this overextends the German Army, leaving the German panzers vulnerable to attack. Eastern Europe? The question is, with what? The most I can through at Eastern Europe is 3 ARM, 3 inf (unless you want to count in two fighters, which should be used to defeat Germany’s Navy). On Germany’s T1, Germany can close the Eastern Europe pocket from both Germany and Ukraine. Three ARM is wasted and so is Russia’s hope of winning the war. Plus the extra ARM in Ukraine is always a determining factor.

Rules Designed for Regular A&A with submerging

Germany (32 IPCs)
    Purchase: 9 inf, 1 ARM or 10 inf
    Notes: In order for Germany’s own survivability in the later actions of the game it must first be strictly conservative with its purchases. Choose 9 inf, 1 ARM (preferably each turn if able) if you expect Germany to adopt a attack-and-retreat policy. Choose 10 inf (with 2 IPCs remaining) if you rather turtle with Germany, protecting you existing territories, until Japan arrives knocking on the Russian backdoor.

Combat Move:
    2 ftr (Western Europe, Norway) to attack Trans in East Canada SZ.
    79% chance that German ftr survives
    1 ftr (Germany) and 1 sub (Western Europe) to attack UK BB in Gibraltar SZ
    80% chance that at least German ftr survives
    1 Bomber (Germany) to attack UK Sub in Syria-Iraq SZ
    67% chance that Sub is sunk
    1 Inf, 1 ARM (Libya and Trans), 1 ftr (Eastern Europe) to attack Egypt
    Notes: Be sure to blitz through French Equatorial Africa to Egypt
    73% chance that at least German ARM survives
    1 inf from Algeria to take over French West Africa
    Notes: What happens is the German sub survives the attack from Russia T1? By the numbers you can try attacking British SZ with 2 ftrs (Norway, Eastern Europe) and 1 bomber (Germany) vs. 2 Transports, 1 sub, and 1 Battleship. Results show that 60% of the time, Germany will win with 1 ftr and bomber remaining. By doing so, you have to invade Egypt using Battleship and Trans w/ 2 inf from Southern Europe to Egypt SZ. Unload 2 inf to Egypt to participate in that invasion.

Non-Combat Move:
    Land 3 ftrs (1 Norway, Germany, 1 Eastern Europe) to Western Europe
    Land 1 ftr from Egypt to Libya
    Land 1 bomber (Egypt SZ) to Southern Europe
    2 ARM from Western Europe to Southern Europe
    1 ARM, 3 inf from Eastern Europe to Germany
    Unload 2 inf from Southern Europe SZ to Libya

Placement:
    8 inf to Germany
    2 inf to Southern Europe
    or
    7 inf, 1 ARM to Germany
    2 inf to Southern Europe

Income: 33 IPCs

Geography:
    2 inf, 3 ftrs in Western Europe
    15 inf, 3 ARM in Germany or 14 inf, 4 ARM in Germany
    2 inf, 3 ARM, 1 bomber in Southern Europe

Notes: As you can see, Germany is in total retreat from the Eastern Front. I’m hoping that Russia will take Eastern Europe on T2. The reason being that I can unleash the full furry of the German Army (up to 17 inf, 6 ARM) and Luftwaffe (3 ftrs., 1 bomber) against any Russian Army. This force is powerful enough to take on 18 inf, 3 ARM, and 2 ftrs. By all means I have tried to take Egypt T1 to gain IPC value and insure that the remaining inf does not reach India. However, my opening T1 leaves the British and Russian fleet in the British SZ still afloat. These vessels will come to haunt Germany at Western Europe, however by attacking the British SZ I would have a 50% chance of losing everything. These planes are desperately needed for Germany in later operations like home defense and counterattacks. What else can Germany do T1 with Russia unrestricted?

Of course since you’re playing against Rookies, I don’t expect things to be that tough on you :wink:

Happy Emu?

• If moses thinks its good then it must be good. I going to use it! THZ A LOT!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Moses, that’s beautiful.
    Of course your chances of keeping that many of your luftwaffe (.79*.80*.6 = 38%) - it’s likely that you’ll lose at least 1-2 planes, but be of good hope. . . .

• “Moses, that’s beautiful.
    Of course your chances of keeping that many of your luftwaffe (.79*.80*.6 = 38%) - it’s likely that you’ll lose at least 1-2 planes, but be of good hope. . . .”

Well in my strats I always assume the worst and hope for the best (meaning USSR is a bear and I have to salvage as much as I can of the German military to make sure the game isn’t completely lost).

Again, this strategy will work most of the time. Though one key factor is if the German Baltic Fleet survives T1. You’ll lose a transport for sure to the 2 USSR ftrs, but hopefully your sub can submerge in time. With this extra sub you can attack the British and USSR combined fleet at the English Channel. I would suggest sending: 1 bmb (Germany), 2 ftrs (Norway, E Europe), 1 sub vs. 2 trns, 1 sub, 1 BB of the Allies. Hopefully you won’t lose more than 1 ftr overall though there is the chance of losing 2, lowering your Luftwaffe to only 2 ftrs. :(

“If moses thinks its good then it must be good. I going to use it! THZ A LOT!!!”

Sure no problem, I hope you win! :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m