• lol now jsut cus i like SW doesnot mean that i like Yoda and the RebelScum. as a matter of fact my the only thing i liked about SW was the Ewoks till i got into WW2. and now i love SW cus of the Empire. not only do i like the the Empire, i beleive in there Idealogy. as a matter of fact im part of an online gaming group that is named after the Galactic Empire. ( its a sw clan) but i did think it was stupid how the Ewoks beat the Empire on Endor though. the whole reason the Rebs one all the fights cept Hoth was cus of luck and gourge Lucas script writing!

• I agree (but I like Yoda :wink:), the Empire is much better than the Rebel scum (or the New Republic - bah! :x ).

Their capital ships were the best. Imperial Star Destroyers, Super-Star Destroyers, Death Stars, all good :wink:

But what do the Rebels have? Cheap medical frigates and battle cruisers run by overgrown Squids in jumpsuits (“it’s a trap!”). And yet the rebels still won!

(that whole scene with a single A Wing destroying the Executer was almost as bad as drnk Ewoks piloting AT-AT’s :P )

And Rebel starfighters with shields!? Real starpilots don’t need shields – they rely on skill and luck. Give me a TIE Interceptor and I’ll fly circles around a X-Wing any day. 8)

• i agree that scen were the A-wing knocks out the Executor is Dumb. but one of my favorite lines comes fromt hat scene.“Intensify the foward firepower!” admiral Piet RotJ

• “i agree that scen were the A-wing knocks out the Executor is Dumb. but one of my favorite lines comes fromt hat scene.“Intensify the foward firepower!” admiral Piet RotJ”

Yeah, leave it to dumb George Lucas to find a way for the Rebels to win even though there was no chance whatsoever of it. Let’s not forget the scene where Luke brings down an Imperial Walker using nothing more than some sort of grappling hook, a lightsaber, and a thermo detonator. Pure stupidity I tell ya! Why not equip all rebels with this “tactic,” and let them take down the entire Imperial Army! :roll:

• I know that was so Stupid! to e honest SW wouldf have kicked even more ass if lucas would have had the Imps won!

• back to star craft…

one think, that made starcraft inferior to warcraft was that you couldn’t poke your workers to see how they get annoyed and there were no sheep around to explode !

• the only thing i liked about WC3 was the graphics and videos. i thought the game sucked!

• have you guys herd of empire earth? it spans 500,000 years, from pre-history to nano-tech and it has +200 units (even mechs!)

• @GeZe:

have you guys herd of empire earth? it spans 500,000 years, from pre-history to nano-tech and it has +200 units (even mechs!)

Never heard of it, is it fun?

• OH YA voted best pc game of 2001 (gamespy)

• got 21 pre-made countrys(you can make your own) and about 30 scenarios

• @GeZe:

got 21 pre-made countrys(you can make your own) and about 30 scenarios

Sounds crazy.
    I usually dig on Cossacks or medal of honor online team deathmatch.

• made by the same guy that made Age of Empires

(it took 2 years to make)

(expansion coming out this fall,has flamethrowers, "they sure make a messy job of the defender:) "-gamspy on the flamethrowers) :)

• We should get together a big game of A&A.org gamers on Starcraft and play the WWII Scenario )

• ?CONFUSED?

Okay!
    Just a few ?s

1. Could someone give me a brief description of Starcraft ? I’ve read this whole string and it sounds intreresting, but does it span WWII to Interstellar Wars ?

2. Is it still in the stores ? I imagine I could find it on-line.

3)This is specific to DESS, if you know who you are. Are you fixated on yourself (ewoks) ?

4)And GZ,
    “have you guys herd of empire earth? it spans 500,000 years, from pre-history to nano-tech and it has +200 units (even mechs!)”
    I dunno! Sounds kinda limited. That works out to less than 1 new unit type every 2500 years. If you start with more than one type of unit that is.
    –------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I’ve got the Steel Panthers Series and the Panzer General Series.
    I like Alpha Centauri and Civilization, too.
    So do you recommend Starcraft as a great addition to my CDbrary ? - Xi

• @Xi:

“have you guys herd of empire earth? it spans 500,000 years, from pre-history to nano-tech and it has +200 units (even mechs!)”
    I dunno! Sounds kinda limited. That works out to less than 1 new unit type every 2500 years. If you start with more than one type of unit that is.i

opps i ment 5,000 years, and there are differnt ages (eg.dark age, WW2 age,etc.) so there are unit for each age.

• Empire Earth was so-so. IMHO, it suffers too much from trying to accomplish too much at once. It’s better to stick with one time period and do it very well, rather than focus on an entire universe and do it very average.

• im gonna agrree with moses about EE untill u reach the Nano Age. my friend io love the Nano age in EE the Graphics are sweet and the units are cool. and its still kinda realistic. like able to happen. its not 2 far fetched
    and it reminds me allot of battletech. and i love the 3-D feature.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m