Do Anti-Aircraft move and can you have more than one in a territory?

• From my understanding the rules say that only one aa gun can fire in a territory.  So I would never have two aa guns in one territory.  Do they move after the initial placement one, on the next turn, just like a regular unit?

• AA guns can be moved in non-combat mvoement.

You can have more than 1 in a territory, but only 1 can fire at incoming AF.

And there ARE reasons to have more than 1 in a territory… several actually.

• @ncscswitch:

AA guns can be moved in non-combat mvoement.

You can have more than 1 in a territory, but only 1 can fire at incoming AF.

And there ARE reasons to have more than 1 in a territory… several actually.

Mostly cause you are trying to keep them out of the other guys hands.

• … and those reasons are…

• Or because you built or moved in a spare to send forward with your stack :-)

• Oh.  Those aren’t really reasons to have more than one AA in a territory.  Those are more like situations where you might have more than one AA in a territory.  I thought you were going to spring the secret strat of the century on us.

~Josh

• 2007 AAR League

You could also build 5 AA in one round, just to confuse the hell out of your opponent. Try it in your next game against me  :evil:.

• @OutsideLime:

Oh.  Those aren’t really reasons to have more than one AA in a territory.  Those are more like situations where you might have more than one AA in a territory.  I thought you were going to spring the secret strat of the century on us.

~Josh

Oh, you want reasons, do you?

Appendix D: What Do You Mean You Can’t Destroy the AA Gun?  Your Guys Can’t Find Any Rocks?

Whatever happened to sweet, scorched earth?

In the old versions of AA, you couldn’t have multiple AA guns in the same territory.  That meant that if Germany lost Western Europe, the Germans would have their own AA gun firing at them on the retake.  We didn’t like that.

We liked destroying things as soon as they were going to fall into enemy hands.  Putting an AA gun on a defenseless transport was the only legal way to do it.

In AA4, you can just move the gun back to your capital with any other guns, so it’s less of a big deal.  But why can’t you just blow up your own stuff?  You can’t just push it into the ocean?  I mean, you have guns and bombs and stuff, why not just stomp on the AA guns with both feet, like a monkey?

Caspian Sub scientists have been working around the clock to answer this question and they have made a tremendous breakthrough: the gray plastic pieces are completely indestructible.  You will notice that an IC is never destroyed, AA guns are not destroyed, and plastic chips are simply recycled between you and your enemy.  We do not know what goes into the gray plastic, but be warned that the gray plastic is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.  Apparently it is made of the same substance they use to make the black boxes in airplanes, only it’s gray.  The only way to put an AA gun out of commission is to hide it under the ocean.  And notice that even that doesn’t destroy it; it simply cannot hit planes anymore.  If possible, build your own units out of this substance.

• Snarf!

OK, THAT is a good sense of humor!

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

Snarf!

Hey switch do you watch thundercats!?

• I think I saw it once or twice back in teh 1980’s…

• 2007 AAR League

Oh nevermind then … just wondering  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m