• '19 Moderator

I have a visitor over the weekend.  cystic crypt came to Arizona.  I’m starting this thread so I can show a couple pictures and tell some stories…

[attachment deleted by admin]

• '19 Moderator

notice the brass over his right shoulder, there  is only one way to get brass in the air that close together… That’s right I corrupted the crypt with FULL AUTO

I have also enlisted him in the local militia:

• '19 Moderator

I have some pics of the games we played, sort of a AARHE lite.  We’re working up to the full version.  I don’t have those pics with me right now so they will be comming soon.

• '19 Moderator

We also went to a coyotes game and somehow ended up on the internet:

• Haha. Awesome.

• 2007 AAR League

@dezrtfish:

notice the brass over his right shoulder, there  is only one way to get brass in the air that close together… That’s right I corrupted the crypt with FULL AUTO

I have also enlisted him in the local militia:

Who’s the guy sticking his barrel into CC’s ear? looks dangerous.

• Wait you guys are shooting live ammo? is this legal? WTF?

• 2007 AAR League

That first picture’s awesome though. One question - what’s he shooting at? Whatever it was, I bet it’s dead now if it wasn’t before!

• '19 Moderator

@froodster:

Who’s the guy sticking his barrel into CC’s ear? looks dangerous.

That’s Chris, he’s registered here, but he doesn’t post and I forgot his login.  In the picture depth is messing with you, Tim is standing a couple feet forward of the rest of us.

@Imperious:

Wait you guys are shooting live ammo? is this legal? WTF?

LOL, this is Arizona not Kalifornia ;)

@froodster:

That first picture’s awesome though. One question - what’s he shooting at? Whatever it was, I bet it’s dead now if it wasn’t before!

I should have gotten a picture of the target.  I have a couple of 1/2" steel plates on a rack, they swing back when you hit them.  I will have to spend a hour or two next week welding up the holes we made. :)

• '19 Moderator

By the way, I’m the one with the M14…

• 2007 AAR League

I guess that makes you the guy with the grey t-shirt? I recognize an AK47 and an M16, that’s about the extent of my knowledge. What’s the M14 all about?

And what is that BFG in your avatar?

• '19 Moderator

The M14 was between the M1 Garand and the M16 in the American Army.  It’s a Semi or full auto .308 (7.62 x 51 NATO)  It i still used in Infantry units for the designated marksman.  It is also sometimes used as a police sniper rifle.

In my avatar I have an M9 9mm Bereta in my right hand, an M4 5.56mm carbine in my lap, and a SAW Squad Automatic Weapon, 5.56mm belt fed machinegun in my left.  These were all issued to me in Iraq and I carried which ever was appropriate for the mission I was on.

• 2007 AAR League

Oh yeah, the M4 - I googled it and now that I see a picture, I remember I had a GI Joe with one of those and I always thought it looked cool. Didn’t know the name though.

Does the SAW have another name, eg M? I seem to remember that there’s a heavy machine gun called an M60 or M1?

Shouldn’t know this stuff for being raised in a pacifist family…

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, it’s an M249, everyone just calls it a SAW though.

The M2 is a heavy the M60 is the old light MG, replaced by the M240B

The SAW I suppose is a sort of Light light MG

That’s Great!

• '19 Moderator

One of the disadvantages of being the one with the camera is you can end up with pictures of a strange Canadian with your kids.

• 2007 AAR League

What a great picture to promote civil unions! Two dads, two happy kids, out enjoying a day in the park…  :evil:

Just jokes. What’s the story with those rock paintings?

• '19 Moderator

LMAO… I am going to have to point Chris to this discussion so he can read that…

We went on a hike in the Superstition Mountains.  Those are native petrographs located on the rocks around a spring in the canyon.  They are actualy carved into the rock.  The trail was named many years ago unfortunately, it’s called Hieroglyphics Trail.  :roll:

• 2007 AAR League

Well they’re not the most butch looking guys. Maybe if they were still carrying assault rifles it would help  :-D (CC is going to kill me - no CC, you’re a manly man, that first picture proves it, don’t worry…)

• '19 Moderator

Well, I think he left Arizona 5 points higher on the manly scale.  He had to learn to slam the door on my old 4x4 as well as shooting an assortment of modern military weapons.  Hell, I bet seven new hairs popped out on his chest!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m