Games other than A&A (Blasphemy, I know)

• I can’t believe you guys didn’t mention Diplomacy! It is an all time classic, and not to mention, a personal favorite of mine. For those with any interest in checking out this game, it takes place in World War One and focuses more on political intrigue than military strategy. You play as one of the seven powers at the time, using cunning and deceit to gain a upper hand in the European spectrum. Now that Hasbro has republished the game, now is as great of any time to take a closer peak.

PS, It’s nice to be back, if even for a little while. :D

• @dezrtfish:

Yep there are five of them, about 8" long, and little syrofoam stands to set them on. The turn order in the game changes every round and the swords are numbered to show turn order. You draw them like drawing straws. Then you can have sword fights wile the other guys are doing thier moves.

Wow, and I thought they were just used for ornamental pieces. I have to go out and get this game! :D

@TM:

I can’t believe you guys didn’t mention Diplomacy! It is an all time classic, and not to mention, a personal favorite of mine. For those with any interest in checking out this game, it takes place in World War One and focuses more on political intrigue than military strategy. You play as one of the seven powers at the time, using cunning and deceit to gain a upper hand in the European spectrum. Now that Hasbro has republished the game, now is as great of any time to take a closer peak.

For once, I can actually say you’re right about something. In terms of top strategy games of all times, Diplomacy ranks among Risk and A&A, if not higher. This is one of the few games (Risk, Samurai Swords which dezrtfish mentioned) that really shines once you have the maximum amount of players. Of course, it’s not fun playing “kingmaker” IE everybody banding together in order to destroy the larger, more powerful Empire (which in a lot of cases would be me :( ). But I guess that’s what I get for picking Germany all the time. :roll:

• Moses’s sister, you are back in time to hear Moses talking crap about you (naieve extremist, to paraphrase him)

Don’t worry, we all realize that Moses is an old stick in the mud and that you are the wave of the future. :D

• “Don’t worry, we all realize that Moses is an old stick in the mud”

And darn proud of it! Back in my day, I had to walk barefooted, 5 miles uphill (both ways), in the middle of a snowstorm just to find someone to play a decent game of A&A with! That’s the way it was, and we liked it!

• Seriously Moses, how is advocating a Communist revolution less radical than enviormentalism?

• "Moses’s sister, you are back in time to hear Moses talking crap about you (naieve extremist, to paraphrase him)

Oh really? Don’t worry, he does talk a lot of ill feelings with those we are around with. I just hope anything he said wasn’t too bad. :(

“Don’t worry, we all realize that Moses is an old stick in the mud and that you are the wave of the future.”

Why thank you, sir yourbuttocks. You are a good example of not judging a book by its cover, or in this case, screen name.

“Seriously Moses, how is advocating a Communist revolution less radical than enviormentalism?”

Good riddens, I have never supported communism in my life. But I am an environmentalist in my love of nature and her bountiful spirit.

• Moses is the Commie. I hope you didn’t think I was refering to you.

• And darn proud of it! Better Red than dead. 8)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m