• hello again, i have another questions

1. can bomber or any plane attack my submarine? can bomber attack any naval units?

2. if someone attack my battleship with destroyer for example, can he use also bomber. If yes, its because of attacking destroyer?

3. i would like to take control over usa convoy with my submarine, i need only move over supply zone with submarine and that is all? so i grow +XX and usa fall down imidiatelly -XX on country production board?

thanks a lot ;)

• '19 Moderator

First off, you need to specify the game you are asking about.  Since you are referring to convoy zones I will guess that it is Europe or Pacific.

1. Bombers are allowed to attack any military unit naval or otherwise.  The only exception is Anti Air which can’t be attacked by anything.

2. Air and naval units can be combined in attack, but it is NOT required.

3. If you move your sub over the US convoy zone he loses the IPC however you DO NOT gain it.  This represents interference with convoys not piracy. ;)

• On the convoy zones it depends on the game you are playing.

For the most part taking a convoy zone only reduces the income of the country in control of the convoy zone.

This is always the case in Europe.

In Pacific, some convoy zones (the ones called centers? with just a big UK or US flag) just reduce the controling countries income. In some cases you have to control both an island and a convoy zone to collect IPCs for the island. Controlling the zone increases your income if you control the island. If you do not control the island it reduces the controlling player’s income but does not raise yours.

In the case of I think East Indies (don’t have a map)? If Japan has the island and the zone you get the 3 or 4 IPCs for East Indies. While UK having the zone and Japan holding the island is no IPCs for anyone.

• '19 Moderator

Thanks, I have only played Pacific Once or twice.

• It is really easy to get confused in Pacific on the convoy thing. It is very different from the other games. One of the fun aspects of it. Cutting off the loot without having to hit the island.

Throw in D-Day and BOTB and I’m surprised I can keep any of it straight.  :-)

• thanks to both of you :)

sry, i play axis EUROPE version

@dezrtfish:

First off, you need to specify the game you are asking about.  Since you are referring to convoy zones I will guess that it is Europe or Pacific.

1. Bombers are allowed to attack any military unit naval or otherwise.  The only exception is Anti Air which can’t be attacked by anything.

2. Air and naval units can be combined in attack, but it is NOT required.

3. If you move your sub over the US convoy zone he loses the IPC however you DO NOT gain it.  This represents interference with convoys not piracy. ;)

If bomber attack my submarine, can my submarine fire back? because in manual i read that submarine can not attack air units. Maybe submarine can not attack plane, only fire back? If planes can attack any naval units, its pain for submarines.

and if the information that a have mentioned above is right, why there is rules in manual about “if there is destroyer with enemy submarine in one area, plane can attack naval units” i am loosing point here. Please help, we played for 4 hours :)

I played europe twice and germany always loose submarines. Attack/defense roll 2 is very bad. How can germany use submarines first strike if allies always move naval units with at least one destroyer.

thanks for answers,

roman :)

• The destroyers allow subs to be attacked by planes by finding them for the aircraft. Planes can’t find the subs alone and need help in order to attack them.

On page 26 of the out of box rules are all the special sub rules. Subs never shoot at aircraft.

As to how can the Germans use the subs first strike against all those destroyers? Well they can’t.

Probably why the Allies are buying so many of them and keeping them in their fleets.  :wink:

• axis, < europe >

naval combat:

attacking player has > bomber and destroyer, defending player has > two submarines

after first round of battle, destroyer and submarine are lost. So when there is no destroyer left in the zone, bomber can not attack submarine no more? right?

quote : dezrtfish : “Bombers are allowed to attack any military unit naval or otherwise”

i think it is not true. Air unit can attack ships only if destroyer is present. Ok? its true?

so the only chance how to use my air units against enemy ships, is to attack also with destroyer? only destroyer can do this? and after destroyer is hit, attacker can not continue with air units on submarines. ok?

thanks in advice ;)

• I believe that you are correct. It has been awhile since I’ve played Europe. But I think that if the Destroyer is sunk then the attack is over.

That might be in the FAQ found here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs/axiseurope

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m