UK units on US transport allowed to make combat moves?

• Assume I have loaded 2 UK inf on a US transport and then in the US turn I moved the transport to the seazone next to Ukraine. Can the inf on the transport participate on an attack on Ukraine in the following UK turn together with other UK units? Does it make any difference if Ukraine is empty and the units can take it alone?

• Yes they can.  Infantry can unload from a transport (their own or an ally’s) on their own turn, whether into a friendly territory, or as an amphibious assault into an occupied or unoccupied hostile territory.

~Josh

• They can only unload during the owning players turn. You can’t “bridge” with Allied TRNs i.e. load and unload UK troops from LON to WEU via a US TRNs in the same turn. What you have described is how it works empty territory or not.

• As Thorak posted it, it is a legal move.

• @Thorak:

Assume I have loaded 2 UK inf on a US transport and then in the US turn I moved the transport to the seazone next to Ukraine. Can the inf on the transport participate on an attack on Ukraine in the following UK turn together with other UK units? Does it make any difference if Ukraine is empty and the units can take it alone?

The infantry can participate in an attack on Ukraine.

You do not have to unload both infantry during combat, although you may if you wish.

It makes no difference as to whether or not you unload infantry if Ukraine is empty or not.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m