• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Drives me most nuts when my “ally” gives pointers to the axis.

• '19 Moderator

LOL, I do that all the time, but it goes more like: “Eww… I wouldn’t do that if I were you…”, “Hey Russia you see that?”  “Hey anybody wana bet 5 buck that attack fails?” or “You sure you wanna do that?, you know how my dice have been tonight.”

Haha, I love the psy-ops.

• My opponents can talk as much as they want, wherever they want.

It gives me time to go to the bathroom, grab a snack, take a brief nap, those sorts of things.

Or POSSIBLY discuss things with my team.

I really don’t care.  If my opponents are REALLY GOOD, then their discussing things isn’t going to help them much, because the level of play was so high to begin with.  If my opponents are REALLY BAD, their chatter will not help them anyways.

The only time I object to table talk is if player A is basically making all the moves for player B, even when player B objects.  But that really goes beyond “table talk” to bad taste.

Well, okay, I also object if I’m sleepy, and my opponents are just wasting time.

Or if I was told to expect a good game, and one of my opponents is basically trying to set up a tutoring session for another player, complete with detailed explanations.  (I don’t mind tutoring sessions, but I think it only polite to inform your opponent ahead of time if you are going to be spending a lot of time doing something that slows the progress of the game.  Like the previous Friday or Saturday or whatever, not “oh hi, this is Joe, imma teach him A and A” )

Or if they are saying things like “i wuv u sooo much chickie-poo!  y dun u move some fighters over here?  did u remember to get some eggs?”  ahhhh domestic talk . . . ahhh!

Well, okay, there are actually a LOT of times I object to table talk.  But NOT when it increases the quality of the opposition.

I play Russia, I don’t discuss diddly with my team.  They serve me or they are useless to me.  Why would I care what they want to discuss? hehe.

Same if I’m Japan, don’t much care about my German counter part (in classic that is.)

• '19 Moderator

Axis coordination usualy goes something like:

“You could attack Russia any day now!”

“I’m going as fast as I can!”

“Faster would be better, I’m getting my a$$ handed to me over here!”

“Do I need to cut you!?”

“If you pull that knike out it better be dull, 'cause you know where I’ll stick it!”

and it generaly degrades from there…

Wow, that’s pretty civilized, Desert.

Usually I hear more from Germany, like “You stupid (natural water barricade)!  Why are you invading W. USA instead of Yakut and SFE!!!”  Usually degrades from there until I threaten to pull out the Berretta and end the game with “artillery” from the Goddess of Earth.

• '19 Moderator

LOL

• IF germany wants help in afica then i’ll hellp them but other than that i don’t communicate with them.

• Germany and Japan must work together to win.

One key play is flying Japanese fighters in to reinforce a newly taken German territory.

• Personally, I’m a big fan of the “Thor and Skippy Method”.  It’s an article on the Caspian Sub website - Policy Paper #17.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Caspian_Sub/files/1PolicyPapers/
    CSubP17 1v0 - There’s No ‘I’.zip

In FTF games, team play is exactly that: TEAM play.  Both players work the game.  And really, unless you have 5 players and a “no talking” rule, it has to be that way.  Otherwise, the Allied player that controls 2 or 3 powers has a big integration advantage.

Peace

• 2007 AAR League

@CrazyStraw:

Personally, I’m a big fan of the “Thor and Skippy Method”.  It’s an article on the Caspian Sub website - Policy Paper #17.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Caspian_Sub/files/1PolicyPapers/
    CSubP17 1v0 - There’s No ‘I’.zip

In FTF games, team play is exactly that: TEAM play.  Both players work the game.  And really, unless you have 5 players and a “no talking” rule, it has to be that way.  Otherwise, the Allied player that controls 2 or 3 powers has a big integration advantage.

Peace

Thanks for the advice about Operation Sealion, Skippy.  You’re wrong.  I will roll all 1’s on the first round and success is guaranteed.  Why don’t you fetch me a tunafish sandwich with garlic salt on it to go with that lemonade.  BTW, while you are up check on Jorge and Oleg over at table 5, I hear we are up against them next game.

Thor

• Hey, we love Skippy just because he’s Skippy.

And some might consider scouting Jorge and Oleg to be bad etiquette.  Of course if your opponent KNEW Jorge and Oleg, they would want you to study them closely…

• @CrazyStraw:

And some might consider scouting Jorge and Oleg to be bad etiquette.Â

NO !!! Not the scouting debate again !!!  :)

I do agree that one player does need to take the lead role though, at least for tournament play.

Squirecam

• @squirecam:

BWhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!1!

I’m making an, um, educational video!

• @squirecam:

Aha!  The compulsive reply to the scouting topic is like watching a lab-rat hit a bar to receive a cocaine pellet.  It’s not healthy behavior, but no one can hold back.

;)

• CS, why didn’t you enter the Spring Tourney?  Everyone’s thinking Caspian Sub is you and I was playing against you…I mean him and I thought you had been hit in the head by a brick because you were playing so poorly!!! Oh vey, life is odd.  Still, where ya been?

• 2007 AAR League

What the heck is the scouting debate???

• @CrazyStraw:

Aha!  The compulsive reply to the scouting topic is like watching a lab-rat hit a bar to receive a cocaine pellet.  It’s not healthy behavior, but no one can hold back.

;)

ka-chunk - rattle - kachunk - rattle - ka-chunk - rattle - kachunk - rattle - ka-chunk - rattle - kachunk - rattle - ka-chunk - rattle - kachunk - rattle - kachunk

What’s the scouting debate?

You’re at a tourney.  Someone comes by and watches your game.  He watches every move.  He just sits there.

Then you notice that that someone goes away after you finish your crucial moves, and starts having an animated discussion with someone else that is playing in the tournament.

So how do you feel about that?

• @General_D.Fox:

Everyone’s thinking Caspian Sub is you and I was playing against you…

Heh heh.  I’m glad the name is getting around.  Hopefully whoever’s using that name will start winning ;)

Only a couple of the CSub editors play online at all.  Of the four editors that have been to tournaments, none play online.  We’re pretty much just FTF guys.

I could see online play taking A LOT of time.  I don’t think I’ll ever get into it just because it’s too time intensive.  I like FTF banter, and I like knowing I get a game done in an afternoon.

Yoper: I’m sure lots of stories will get rehashed at the Spring Fling or Origins.  The one I’m dreading the most is about the savage beat-down Ohio put on Michigan at the Border Battle.  Next Nov. we’ll get some revenge.

Peace

• @CrazyStraw:

@General_D.Fox:

Everyone’s thinking Caspian Sub is you and I was playing against you…

Heh heh.  I’m glad the name is getting around.  Hopefully whoever’s using that name will start winning ;)

Only a couple of the CSub editors play online at all.  Of the four editors that have been to tournaments, none play online.  We’re pretty much just FTF guys.

I could see online play taking A LOT of time.  I don’t think I’ll ever get into it just because it’s too time intensive.  I like FTF banter, and I like knowing I get a game done in an afternoon.

Yoper: I’m sure lots of stories will get rehashed at the Spring Fling or Origins.  The one I’m dreading the most is about the savage beat-down Ohio put on Michigan at the Border Battle.  Next Nov. we’ll get some revenge.

Peace

There was the time I beat Crazystraw at Spring Gathering 07…. :)

Squirecam

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m