• Mine is stated at the bottom of my posts…

Anyone else have a maxim or two that they find useful or insightful?

• “true wisdom comes from knowing that you know nothing”??? Aristotle was tripping on acid when he came up with that nonsense!..…My # 1 philosophy is probably to not take any crap from anyone.

• “If I do my full duty, the rest will take care of itself.”

Not a bad way to live your life, or in the case of the man who said those words lead an army.
    General George S. Patton, Jr.

• “Don’t be a guy. The world is full of guys. Be a man.” ––Say Anything

“You have to be one of the good guys cause there are way to many of the bad.” --Seems contradictory to the first but no one ever says, “We’re the good men.” ------Preacher

“Try to be alive, you’ll be dead soon enough.” ---------William Saroyan

“Life is to short to drink wimpy, watery beer.” ---------Anonymous

“Fashion is fleeting. Style is eternal.” -------------Unknown

“One’s words are no better than silence. One should keep silent.” ---------Kung Fu (I really need to be better about this one.)

“If there is something you don’t like about how things are going in your life, change how much you are drinking.” ---------Frimmel

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

“Practice does not make perfect.  Practice makes permanent.  Perfect Practice makes Perfect.”

English Teacher’s Wall, 18 years ago in High School (Freshman year.)

• 2007 AAR League

dux esto or esto dux, whichever you think is right or whichever you prefer.

frimm, that beer quote is great.

• Two maxims of mine (that I find truth in, not that I formulated) are in my quotes at the bottom, the first and last one.

• Cogito, sum, ergo cogito sum

I think, I am, therefore I think I am.

• You people are too smart for your own good….here’s one…“keep it simple”!!!

• If that’s what works for you, then go with it!

And by the way, MADDOGG, the way I interpret the Aristotle quote is simply that there is nothing that is absolute, that you can’t take anything for granted.

• here’s my axis and allies ones
    Russia: germany can’t take moscow if your march to france.
    germany: let the english have the sea you can take the land
    UK: something was in your tea if choose this country.
    Japan: moscow should not fear the germans but you  for your tanks will turn everthing it touches orange.
    USA: commit yourself to either japan or germany but never africa.

also USA:(today)bush should listen to sherman,http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/William_T._Sherman

• @cyan:

USA: cometit yourself to either japan or germany but never africa.

How do I cometit myself?

• “Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.” -Moses 20:20 (KJV) mosses said this but you can apply it to all types of fear

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~ President Abraham Lincoln

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner of later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality was tacitly denied by their philosophy……Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.” (I.7) george Orwell 1984

A means can be justified only by its end. But the end in its turn needs to be justified.- Leon Trotsky

“Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy’s unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where he has taken no precautions.”-sun tzu

“When one wants, one can.”- sweddish proverb but i replaced the must with wants.

• '19 Moderator

I think just about any problem in life can be solved by aplying these four rules:

“The first and most important rule to observe…is to use our entire forces with the utmost energy. The second rule is to concentrate our power as much as possible against that section where the chief blows are to be delivered and to incur disadvantages elsewhere, so that our chances of success may increase at the decisive point. The third rule is never to waste time. Unless important advantages are to be gained from hesitation, it is necessary to set to work at once. By this speed a hundred enemy measures are nipped in the bud, and public opinion is won most rapidly. Finally, the fourth rule is to follow up our successes with the utmost energy. Only pursuit of the beaten enemy gives the fruits of victory.”

• Karl von Clausewitz
  • 2007 AAR League

the twain quote is bad ass.

on jens worst peoples list, is that the jen from these forums?

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, I’m sure it’s a coincidence, but I am #51 on the list she made in this thread:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=8202.0

• 2007 AAR League

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
    -Italian Proverb

Live life however you want it won’t really matter in the aftermath

• What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness.
    What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome.

Friedrich Nietzsche, The Antichrist

• “the customer is always right” - no clue who said it

• @cyan:

“the customer is always right” - no clue who said it

I have to disagree. Sometimes they are trying to steal from you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m