• Hello

Just a simple question. what is more fun A&A Europe or A&A Pacific???

It would be a great help if you repley coz doubt between this to I’ve got A&A regular already.

Greetz J.

• I kind of like both games and have difficulties deciding which I like better. I went with Europe simply becuase the USSR is so cool. I really like the extended preparation and stragizing that goes into Pacific (and I can beat my friends easily, but that will soon change). The eastern front and Africa make Europe enjoyable, I think.

• I like the Pacific, since Naval Battles IMO are much more stylish than simple land based ones. Plus in Pacific, both sides are much more evenly matched. No more Germany always wins! :P And the Pacific benefits from being the youngest of the family, so it’s rules are the most up to date and balanced (ex destroyers are much less powerful on bombardment).

• like um both but i have to go with europe cause i like tank battles better than sea battles

• Ha, maybe that’s why you’re not called “Admiral” Campbell :wink:

• @TG:

I like the Pacific, since Naval Battles IMO are much more stylish than simple land based ones. Plus in Pacific, both sides are much more evenly matched. No more Germany always wins! :P And the Pacific benefits from being the youngest of the family, so it’s rules are the most up to date and balanced (ex destroyers are much less powerful on bombardment).

I concur. Plus, in AAP, the US gets Marines, which are a blast, and which really modifies how the US strategizes what to sail across the Pacific.

• I like Air Patrols too. And destroyers are now much more balanced. Besides, what beats Kamikazes? :)

• I voted for A&A:E because I love that game.Sure, A&A:Pacific is lots of fun,but,in my mind A&A:E is the best. :D

• I like Europe, it seems to be more WWIIish. If you get what I’m saying. Pacific is fun, but its only 3 people, and is better with 2. It feels more like chess, rathern then a WWII simulation.

• Both games are cool, but I much prefer A&AE for the simple fact that in A&AP the Japanese have no chance of a military victory - they have to win through the victory points system due to the fact that the eventual US armada will come and kick Japan in the teeth. The IPC differences are ridiculously skewed in the Allies favor: a combined 110 in starting IPCs for the Allies vs. 19 for the Japanese (plus the fact that China gets 3 inf/round if they hold the road)! I do like the sea battles, the Japanese surprise attack in the first round, kamikazes, and that the number of strategies for this game seem endless. However, the last time I played I was the Japanese and it came down to the US vs. Japan in an invasion of Japan itself. I ended up winning by victory points because I won the battle by having 1 fighter survive. This is crazy though because if we would have kept playing eventually I would have lost because of the Allies had me cornered. If the US started with fewer IPCs the game would be much more even and enjoyable.

never played Pacific but I have seen alot on it… I have played Europe though and honestly I know I would like Pacific better…

• I think the flaw in Pacific is the race for India, while Europe you have more freedom in achievable goals.

• @Admiral_Yamamoto:

I think the flaw in Pacific is the race for India, while Europe you have more freedom in achievable goals.

I think this is one of the oldest threads that has been revived!!

I think that in both it is a foregone conclusion that where both players are evenly matched, the axis will win.  Germany will win by the 3rd turn in its little blitz-playaction, and Japan will win in victory points (i HATE them SO MUCH).

There is a map that combines the two theaters in a more massive A&A, but i forget where that was.  Quite interesting tho’.

• i dont think the axis has that much of an advantage in Europe. germany can be overwhelmed quickly if usa and britain get into the game early. as for pacific, i think japan starts out a little to beast as far as military goes. the aussie and american navies have to quickly take out japans navy to start taking the islands. india also provides an important chokepoint as well for japan that can be annoying for the allied player.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m