• Some of the funniest stuff that I ever have read. And they aren’t even trying to be funny.

theflatearthsociety.org

Some bullet points:

• They believe that the Earth is not a sphere but a massive disc
    • The Disc is surrounded by an “Ice Wall” that we all think is Antartica.
    • There is a massive government conspiracy to cover up the existence of the flat earth, with thousands of guards on snowmobiles watching the Ice Wall.
    • There is no gravity. The Disc is accelerating straight up at a rate of 1 G.
    • The Sun is a 32 mile diameter spotlight than rotates above the Earth.
    • The Moon is the same size and emits “Cold Light” which we percieve as lack of light

Seriously, read the stuff on their website. It’s hilarious.

• lol  :lol: Can people really believe this stuff?!  I had an uncle that talked like that once, and the men in white coats took him away.  These are the relatives nobody talks about.  Great stuff!

• the funny thing is that it is all true and none of you “intellects” get it yet!

• '19 Moderator

It all makes sense to me.  You guys just aren’t open to new ideas.  Everyone knows Aristotle and all those crazy Greeks had no idea what they were talking about, they didn’t even wear pants!

• 2007 AAR League

The proof is on the Axis & Allies board - it’s flat, isn’t it?

Just because a map can be wrapped around a ball doesn’t mean that we should distort what our senses plainly tell us. When you look out over the prairies, what do you see? It’s FLAT! If it was round all the oceans would run off.

• @dezrtfish:

It all makes sense to me.  You guys just aren’t open to new ideas.  Everyone knows Aristotle and all those crazy Greeks had no idea what they were talking about, they didn’t even wear pants!

IMO this made them even MORE civilized - not less.

• '19 Moderator

So yo uthink we’ll all be wearing sheets in the future, when we get more civilized?  Hmm, I don’t go back to work until monday maybe I’lll hang around in a toga the rest of the week and see how it feels…

• @dezrtfish:

So yo uthink we’ll all be wearing sheets in the future, when we get more civilized?  Hmm, I don’t go back to work until monday maybe I’lll hang around in a toga the rest of the week and see how it feels…

Life will be so much better when global warming allows us to all walk around in silk/linen/satin sheets and NOT have to wear pants!!!
    stupid fricken pants.

• '19 Moderator

How about silk pants?

• @dezrtfish:

How about silk pants?

Life’s good when you’re a pirate (without the scurvy/syphillus/polagra etc.).

• i have a pair of silk pants. theyre part of a pajama set from china. I only put them on when im feeling really pimp  :mrgreen:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Hey, that explains why there’s no stars directly blow the globe of the earth, there’s no globe!

Though, how that explains the seen curvature of the planet when out to see I don’t know…or how they explain spherical earth pictures from astronauts, but hey!  Without God, anything is possible!

• 2007 AAR League

are those flat earth people just pulling one over on you guys.  like a big joke?  i mean, thats pretty unbeleivable.  why would we want to lie to all of society and say the earth is round.  and we sailed AROUND it.

• 2007 AAR League

@Jennifer:

Without God, anything is possible!

What does that mean?
    (edit - shortened quote for clarity)

@froodster:

@Jennifer:

What does that mean?

It means that without having God for a touchstone, you can literally claim anything.  Man is fallible, and that’s why science is always contradicting itself.  For instance, the chicken egg.  Is it good for you or bad for you this week?  Who knows!

You take God out of the equation and suddenly you have astronomers saying the sun revolves around the earth and that the moon is a goddess and that the world is flat.

• 2007 AAR League

I don’t think having a God provides anymore certainty, given the considerable disagreement about what God says. Gandhi, Osama and Jennifer all have pretty different takes on what God says.

Ghandi’s a pussy, Ossama could defend himself against a crippled old grandmother with a walker without his armies and I’m the next best thing to Sliced Bread, I should be unanimously elected Empress of the entire stupid planet!

• 2007 AAR League

I seriously hope no one believes in any of the crap on that website  :lol: that would be pathetic for anyone to believe

• @froodster:

@Jennifer:

What does that mean?

it means nothing, because most people believe with god’s help anything is possible(miracles.) or at least  Abrahamic ones

• You take God out of the equation and suddenly you have astronomers saying the sun revolves around the earth and that the moon is a goddess and that the world is flat.

The official policy of the Catholic Church was sun revolves around the flat earth, for a long time

and last i checked, its hard to believe in a moon as a goddess if you dont believe in a God…oh wait, your version of God is reasonable, but anything else is crackpot…right…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m