• I and my friends have some questions regarding inf movement. Can an inf move into an enemy unoccupied territory to take it, or must a tank blitz it? IT would seem to me that if the inf got to an enemy unoccupied and cannot move to take take they are cut off? I am unclear on this one. Also, if the inf can take an enemy unoccupied, what games does that hold true in, europe, pacific, revised??

Thanks,
    Silent1

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Infantry can attack an enemy territory either with or without armor, fighters or other units to support them.

And yes, it is a favorite strategy to do exactly that.  2 Attacking Infantry vs 1 Defending Infantry has a 1.41:1 odds of success.  So you can imagine 20 infantry vs 10 infantry would be an even better chance.

In other words, buy infantry, buy lots of infantry.  Use them as defenders and fodder for your main attacks, but don’t dimiss their ability to fight on their own either.  In small battles a couple of infantry is just as good as tanks or planes.

I hope that helps.  I didn’t just want to post a “yes” to your question.

• During combat movement in Europe, Pacific and Revised any ground combat unit- INF, RTL, ARM may move into an unoccupied enemy territory to take it. Only one unit is required. Any one unit.

The strategic implications of a lone unit in a territory I will leave to you. I will say that often a lone unit is a soon to be dead unit.

• Clarifying one point Frimmel… any one LAND unit can move into an enemy controlled but unoccupied territory and take control of it.

And this is true for both Classic and Revised.  As a non-player of the other variants, I will nto speak to those.

• I did say ground unit didn’t I? That is the same as land isn’t it?  :-)

I should have said land ground in my italicized text as well. Good catch.

• You actually said “any one unit” which is the only reason I made the clarification, though you did state INF, ART, ARM in the earlier part of your post, the summary line lacked that specification :-P

• OK, is that “but” as in inf, arm, and art cannot take over an unoccupied enemy territory, or “but” as in enemy owned and no unit present? Please clarify.

Thanks,
    Silent1

• enemy owned, but no unit present. 8-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m