• Just wondering if any of you regular AAR players are ever going to engage in a game where all NA’s are in play.  Id really like to see a game like this.  :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

I did … Axis lost their NA’s were no where near as good as all the Allies NA’s

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’d play it, just tell me what the NA’s are.  I’ll even take the axis with a minimal bid.

• @Jennifer:

I’d play it, just tell me what the NA’s are.   I’ll even take the axis with a minimal bid.

I dont want to play.  I just want to “spectate” someone play this game.  Ive been playing AAM more lately, but I still like to talk about AAR with my friends, and that was a topic we discussed.  Quite frankly id like to see Jennifer and ncswitch go at it.  :wink:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Mech,

Switch and I are currently going at it.  I caught him with a blindside in the Pacific and really put the screws to him in North Africa, which is good because my british nitwits are too busy having tea to remember to bring ammo to ANY FRIGGIN ENGAGEMENT ON THE PLANET!  I mean hell, they’d get their fleet sunk to a tugboat if only they wern’t so busy running away!

Bah!

Though, in the last engagemnet they did okay.  Then again, I outnumbered him like 200:1 and expected to win with about 10% of my units left. hehe.

• @Jennifer:

Mech,

Switch and I are currently going at it.  I caught him with a blindside in the Pacific and really put the screws to him in North Africa, which is good because my british nitwits are too busy having tea to remember to bring ammo to ANY FRIGGIN ENGAGEMENT ON THE PLANET!  I mean hell, they’d get their fleet sunk to a tugboat if only they wern’t so busy running away!

Bah!

Though, in the last engagemnet they did okay.  Then again, I outnumbered him like 200:1 and expected to win with about 10% of my units left. hehe.

That only shows how civilized and practical the English are.

Let us say you have room in your kit for three things.

A Russian would bring a nice big furry hat, ammo, and food.
    A German would bring a spare gun, ammo, and food.
    A Japanese would bring a spare gun, ammo, and whatever his CO told him to bring.
    A US citizen would bring a deck of cards, ammo, and food.

But a Britisher is going to bring a tea set, tea leaves, and scones for two to four people.

• Blindsided in the Pacific?
    You spent your entire first turn build on AC’s and FIGs off California, I responded with 1 SUB and 1 DST.  Then you had to sail your fleet to Africa via Panama.  Wasted 2 turns securing the Atlantic and Med.  And now those two “extra” naval units are set to prevent a US breakthrough the Suez.  I appreciate having them!

As for putting the screws to Germany in Africa… considering it was TURN 8 before Egypt, IEA and BC were liberated for UK, and that Germany STILL has FWA, FEA, Rhodeisa, UOSA and Madagascar… please, leep putting the screws to me!  I like the extra income!  :evil:

• @newpaintbrush:

@Jennifer:

Mech,

Bah!Â

That only shows how civilized and practical the English are.

Let us say you have room in your kit for three things.

A Russian would bring a nice big furry hat, ammo, and food.
    A German would bring a spare gun, ammo, and food.
    A Japanese would bring a spare gun, ammo, and whatever his CO told him to bring.
    A US citizen would bring a deck of cards, ammo, and food.

But a Britisher is going to bring a tea set, tea leaves, and scones for two to four people.

Bah, the Russians wouldn’t bring food, they’d bring along a bottle of vodka.  That’d keep them going on the cold Russian steppes!
    And the Japs would probably bring a katana instead of spare ammo.  They know they’re outgunned anyway, so just bring along the blade to kill and kill themselves.

• What do you think are the best national advantages for each side?

• Pre-LHTR Lend Lease is insane.  Non-LHTR Super-fortresses is also pretty crazy.

Colonial Garrison makes KJF much stronger.  Radar messes with things a lot.  Mobile Industry makes the Caucasus no longer a vital country, and increases the strength of a KJF.  Mechanized infantry lets you do a lot of stuff, as does fast carriers, as does island bases . . . really, MOST of the Allied NAs are quite good.

Germany’s Blitzkrieg is decent because it frees up fighters.  Japan’s Banzai is okay.  (Banzai’s not great against a KJF, and even for a KGF, you need tanks and fighters for that last push into Moscow).  Most of the Axis NAs suck.  It is usually a matter of HOW MUCH they suck.

How to abuse pre-LHTR Lend Lease - UK fighters, US fighters.  You haven’t seen “stupid” until you see Russia producing 8-9 infantry a turn with 14 fighters for backup.  No, seriously.  Russia just beats the hell out of everything.  LHTR changed this, thank goodness.

How to abuse Superfortresses - build bombers to strat bomb, go for tech dice on US3 or US4.  With heavy bombers, you shut down Germany.  LHTR limits total damage per turn, I believe, instead of total damage per bomber, so stops this from doing more than 16 IPC damage.

How to abuse Blitzkrieg - well, you take this fat load of tanks, and use 1-2 infantry to trade territories with Russia early.  Since you can use your tanks to trade territories without committing, now you can use your fighters for other things.  Like . . . getting EVEN MORE territory, or fighting off that Allied Atlantic fleet.

How to abuse Banzai - use a lotta infantry, surprise.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m