Is there life outside our solar system ?

• Is there life outside our solar system ?

…plz no quote from the bible :lol:

• Probably. But chances are that it’s more on a microscopic, bacterial level.
    However, I’m pretty sure intelligent life exist elsewhere, just look at Drake’s Equation. There’s just too many planets, galaxies, and solar systems out there to assume one of them won’t have the same conditions found on earth.

• There are way too many galaxies with way too many planets to say there isn’t any other life, its just a matter of us finding it you ask me…

• how are we defining life?

• Well I certainly hope there’s intelligent life outside our solar system (and I better be alive when we make contact, cuz that would be cool)

• Mathmatically, its practically impossible for there not to be life outside our Solar system. Intelligent Life? Its Highly Likely. Are Aliens among us? No.

• “Are Aliens among us?”

I don’t know, there’s a law that forbids you from making contact with an alien and divulging any government info. Makes you wonder if the government denies the existence of Aliens, why have the law in the first place? :-?

• i saw 3 ufos in my life time, and one stealth bomber from a 757 (my brother saw it with me)

I could have been seeing things (the UFOs)

• '19 Moderator

I’ve seen Men in Black I know how our government works!

Truthfuly I don’t know and until I do know one way or the other I find is useless to concern myself with the idea. :)

• @dezrtfish:

I’ve seen Men in Black I know how our government works!

Truthfuly I don’t know and until I do know one way or the other I find is useless to concern myself with the idea. :)

The universe is a whole waste of space…great! a never ending landfill!

• “I could have been seeing things (the UFOs)”

Even if it wasn’t a alien spaceship, I would still consider what you say a UFO from your point of view (unidentified flying object).

Oh yeah, can I take back my ballot and vote “no” to go against the crowd?

• Life - definitely
    Inteligent life - most probably
    Inteligent life with the capability of interstellar travel - possibly, but unlikely

Have we’ve been visited by a superior alien civilization in the past or present? We’ll, it would sure clear up alot of mysteries (the Great Pyramid at Giza for one). Who knows. Impossible to determine.

You better believe world governments would keep it quiet. We would have to rewrite our entire planet’s history. Science, religion, and civilization would be turned upside down. Are we ready for that???

I DON’T THINK SO !!!

• Yeah, I guess you’re right :wink:

“The truth is out there. Trust no one” - Fox Mulder

• It is only my opinion that Aliens are not among us. Why would they want to be here?

• '19 Moderator

Well I can understand why they would not want to be in New Jersey, But what about Cabo San Lucas?

• “Why would they want to be here?”

I don’t know, the Earth is a very valuable, exquisite jewel. I guess us humans just take it for granted nowadays.

• It would be great if they had a more noble purpose than sucking our planet dry of raw materials like in just about every movie made about this subject. More along the lines of “First Contact” like in the STAR TREK series. Of course I’m hypothetically reaching here…

• one might consider humans to be parasites on the earth - would it be so bad if we were all wiped off the face of it?
    aliens might do so, and consider that they are doing the world/universe a favor. Just like when we clear out a marsh of “undesirables” - plants, animals, etc.

• The ultimate Green Peace alien!!!
    Just because we deface the planet by building unnatural structures and tear down natural beauty?
    We pollute heavily?
    We waste natural resources?

They might be doing the earth a favor!

Hopefully they’ll have some wishy-washy science rules about not interfering with the local animals…

• The ultimate Green Peace alien!!!
    Just because we deface the planet by building unnatural structures and tear down natural beauty?
    We pollute heavily?
    We waste natural resources?

They might be doing the earth a favor!

Agreed…
    But we are still alive… At the expense of earth’s fauna.

Hopefully they’ll have some wishy-washy science rules about not interfering with the local animals…

That would be logic, if one day we are able to observe the evolution of another civilization i wish we will not interact with them (if they have a lower technological level).

Still… if we cannot exeed the speed of light it will be quite hard. But history taught us (well some of us) that the word “impossible” is use far more often.

It is “impossible” to flight
    “Impossible” to quit earth’s attraction

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m