Russian winter realisticly unrealistic

• Hrm, I have trouble with how it would affect Asia and Africa.

• it should only affect e.urope,finalnd,w.russia,belrussia,karilea,archangeal, and finnally Moscow. this are the only locations that would be affected by the winter, right? this gcould given work for germany ffor germany if the us or uk attack it, only if russia declared winter that turn.

• The winter should effect all red territories, plus German occupied Russia, and lastly Scandinavia

• how does winter affect yakut or the other asian terrotories?

• The rule only applies to german/ italian forces that occupy any territories in pre barbarossa soviet union. If germany owns Yakut and they attack soviet units they suffer -1.

i suppose Japan would face the same problems but to keep things more balanced i guess they could be exception from the rule.

• yeah for balance reasons we might not want it difficult for Japan to attack Russia Far East

but realism reasons it again steers Japan not to attack Russia but China, which is good?

• Guys…
    You seem to forget one thing.

The major reason why the Wermacht lost the battle in front moscow in 1941  it was because they received their winter cloth in march 1942!!!

Whatever general winter. Soviet army won because the infantry was prepared for fight against winter.

Alan.

• The game starts in spring of 1942. we are accounting for the winter of 42-43 which is addressed with the modifier for defense. IN that winter the axis over evaluated their prospects for victory and discounted the ability of a poorly untrained beaten Soviet army to contain the 6th army. The Germans felt they could break out of the trap any time. The winter aided the defensive pocket that was established around Stalingrad and the russian defenders in the city rubble.

• Sorry i forgot that some of you play A&A 1942 version.

But even at the end of 1942, the fact are the same…
    The german army has 3 millions men on the eastern front.
    USSR 5 millions and more. General Winter or not. Hitler lost his chance in december in 1941.

Alan.

• Thats fairly the same ratio that existed before the Germans even attacked the Soviet Union. The difference was Germany was only prepared to fight the war “on the cheap” with a quick victory. This could overcome long odds only if it was decisive and daring plan. Once the offensive bogged down and the Soviets had time to catch their breath and learn from their mistakes the scale tilted not only quantitatively but qualitatively. The winter was one such ‘break’ to gain a rest from the German onslaught.

If the Germans had ever commited a ‘total war’ approach earlier in the war things would have been different to make up for the numbers against them.AS it was it was too many to fight at one time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m