• idk about you guys/girls but i think that they should incoporate the MAUS tank into miniatures for the german units

The first and only “SUPER TANK”

128mm maingun and 75mm coaxilgun
    ill have more info later

• The MAUS (Mouse) was NOT the first super tank.

The MAUS was a ridiculous waste of resources; only three prototypes ever began production; 1 wasn’t completed, one got stuck, and the third was destroyed before the Russians could take it over. Despite this there was a very real possibility of it being in reserves; I’m glad it wasn’t. It would just be the latestest flashy unit, and an abomination on the scale of the Easy Eight.

What I would like to see more than anything else is a Kubelwagen or similar vehicle; something actually useful.

• How about a Panzer I?  It’s the only piece of the Panzer lineage they have yet to produce.

• I guess this would fit under the name of this thread, so…

I personally think the new IS-3 is disgustingly powerful.  I never thought I’d see something with Superior Armor 3!

• A Panzer I would be interesting. It would be next to useless as a combat piece, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t have reconnaissance-related abilities. It wouldn’t be my first choice, but it’s not a bad one.

Superior Armour 3 is only really significant against other large tanks (without crackshot).  Against smaller tanks such as Panzer IVs, Shermans, etc, SA2 and SA3 it’s fairly irrelevant as they will be firing multiple shots that ignore superior armour anyway; it just prevents a lucky shot from one of them. Against the Veteran Tiger it’s not enough of a difference.
    However it’s against units like the Tiger I and King Tiger that superior armour 3 is best; that one point is usually enough to shift the percentages down 20% or so depending on the range. Functionally it might as well be hulking mass - except it doesn’t go away.

I’m not sure I would call it disgustingly powerful, but it’s definately something to be mindful of.

The flying SS-PG… I mean Me-262… now there’s something disgustingly powerful.

• @Der:

The MAUS (Mouse) was NOT the first super tank.

The MAUS was a ridiculous waste of resources; only three prototypes ever began production; 1 wasn’t completed, one got stuck, and the third was destroyed before the Russians could take it over. Despite this there was a very real possibility of it being in reserves; I’m glad it wasn’t. It would just be the latestest flashy unit, and an abomination on the scale of the Easy Eight.

What I would like to see more than anything else is a Kubelwagen or similar vehicle; something actually useful.

WELL if it want then tell me the first super tank because the Maus was
    however i agree that it was a waste because they didnt work out the suspension system like the JagdTiger
    but it was still a bad ass tank over 100 tonnes!!! and the 128mm main cannon was the biggest for any tank in that time, and should have been in the reserves i have seen pictures of one they have in France. stand it next to a shemran in a picture and you will laugh

• The first super heavy tanks were the Char 2Cs, not the Pz VIII Maus. They were roughly the same weight as a King Tiger; the Char 2C bis, though only around brielfy, weighed even more and has a 155mm howizter.

Well yes, they would have fit in reserves just fine, I really don’t think we need yet another huge German tank. There’s much more important units to fill in.

• @Der:

The first super heavy tanks were the Char 2Cs, not the Pz VIII Maus. They were roughly the same weight as a King Tiger; the Char 2C bis, though only around brielfy, weighed even more and has a 155mm howizter.

Well yes, they would have fit in reserves just fine, I really don’t think we need yet another huge German tank. There’s much more important units to fill in.

Agreed  :wink:

• yeah im also dissapointed that the new german paratroops arent more powerful or at least have double shot or supressive fire
    being equipped with the FG-42 and all.

P.S. where is THE B-24??? or B-17

P.S.S i looked up thse tanks they looked more like self-propelled artillery than tanks but i agree with you

• On one hand I’m glad the Fallschirmjagers aren’t SS-Panzergrenadiers with paratrooper, but on the other hand it makes them look so bad compared to the screaming eagles. I can forgive the -1 close assault compared to the Defiant PTs because the FSJs are 1939… I think just +1/+1 AI (10/8 instead of 9/7) would have made me happy with them. Oh well.

Getting three cases for tomorrow to do some sealed, should be fun.

• @The:

yeah im also dissapointed that the new german paratroops arent more powerful or at least have double shot or supressive fire
    being equipped with the FG-42 and all.

P.S. where is THE B-24??? or B-17

P.S.S i looked up thse tanks they looked more like self-propelled artillery than tanks but i agree with you

Oh yes I would like to see some bombers…

• your right they are 1939 but have more expierience and were somewhat “good” equipped i would also would have liked to see a +1/+1 i have two cases already go panther tanks!!!
    MUHAHAHA

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m