• Founder TripleA Admin

The original intention for this forums was general discussion about the game. When did the serious conversations start?

I don’t have anything against serious conversation and please proceed with these topics, it’s what make the internet great.

Just wondering what prompted it. And if most users like it. And thus a poll …

• I’m not sure when it started, either. Being a contributor to it, as long as we keep it respectful and clean - I’m for it. I realize we’re getting way off subject : If you decide to “pull the plug”, I’ll deal…

• i not sure when it started, alot of you joined long time before me.
    but i think i know why it started.

you got to think of the kind of people that would play Axis and Allies, these are smart, well informed, self teaching, mostly young people ( i know some of you are older but on average) now finding people are age with are kind of understanding out side our own circles of freinds is prolly a harder task then most. so it’s nice to know that there is a place that you can go with people you do not know and prolly will never meet in person your whole life, but share a common interest with you. so you feel comforable talking to them about other things that interest you.
    i can’t speak for the rest of you but i’m only 16 and i prefere an adult conversation to some of the crap i talk about with my frainds.

• I don’t mind them really. I enjoy a place to voice my opinion. We have 4 Axis and Allies forums to discuss the game.

Edit - Oh, and don’t worry, I’ll keep em clean :)

• It is mostly Yanny and Horten’s fault. They started arguing about Capitalism versus Communism and the rest is history. I am partly to blame, I brought up such serious topics as abortion/Euthanaisia/Death Penalty/STDs/Prostituion/Homeland Security/United Nations.

• K…This is pretty stupid because it looks like the rest of you are having no trouble doing it, but HOW do you take the poll?

• Ahhhh sorry, I see now. I wasn’t logged in (so that previous Guest reply was me)

• of course! y’all so misled! :P

• Yep, us Conservative Confederate Communist (CCC, not KKK) will rise again to defend the homeland in the South against any acts that threaten the way of life that is Communism. :P

• Founder TripleA Admin

I had no intention of pulling the plug on these conversations. I think its great. The forums are starting to remind me of the days when I used to call the local BBSes and post messages in the forums.

• Yeah I’m with phreek on that, my being 16 myself. Not only that, while I may have discussions with my friends something called peer pressure comes in (try telling your crush what you really want too :wink: ), but here theres no reason to not be afraid of posting your opinion, just put what you feel.

• Konservative Konfederate Kommunists?

• I knew it!

• “Konservative Konfederate Kommunists?”

Yeah, it figures you have to have a trendy name for everything.

Here’s a perfect Watterson strip to illustrate it:

“I’ve been reading about the beginning of the universe. They call it ‘The Big Bang.’”

“Yeah… and?”

“Isn’t it weird how scientists can imagine all the matter of the universe exploding out of a dot smaller than the head of a pin, but they can’t come up with a more evocative name for it than ‘The Big Bang?’ That’s the whole problem with science. You’ve got a bunch of empiricists trying to describe things of unimaginable wonder.”

“What would you call the creation of the universe?”

“The Horrendous Space Kablooie!”

“Hmm… that is better.”

“Almost anything would be.”

“We should lobby to change that.”

“And I think ‘Tyrannosaur’ should be changed to ‘Monstrous Killer Death Lizard.’”
    :wink:

• @TG:

“Konservative Konfederate Kommunists?”

Yeah, it figures you have to have a trendy name for everything.

Here’s a perfect Watterson strip to illustrate it:

“I’ve been reading about the beginning of the universe. They call it ‘The Big Bang.’”

“Yeah… and?”

“Isn’t it weird how scientists can imagine all the matter of the universe exploding out of a dot smaller than the head of a pin, but they can’t come up with a more evocative name for it than ‘The Big Bang?’ That’s the whole problem with science. You’ve got a bunch of empiricists trying to describe things of unimaginable wonder.”

“What would you call the creation of the universe?”

“The Horrendous Space Kablooie!”

“Hmm… that is better.”

“Almost anything would be.”

“We should lobby to chance that.”

“And I think ‘Tyrannosaur’ should be changed to ‘Monstrous Killer Death Lizard.’”
    :wink:

But doesn’t tryanasaurus Rex mean “Lizard King” in latin or something?

• What is a conservative communist?

• A Stalinist :)

• @yourbuttocks:

What is a conservative communist?

Joey Bishop

he’s a lot of things.

• Yeah, in Latin T-Rex does mean “King of Lizards,” but how many people know that? If you want to boggle and astound someone, words like the:

Laser Ray should be –> Super Impressive Amazing Discumbobulator from Martian X-Ray Nine

and

Conservative Communist --> New Age Communist entrenched in radical Republican idealism

• @TG:

Conservative Communist –> New Age Communist entrenched in radical Republican idealism

I hate how social issuesa and economic issues make you right or left. I’m pretty moderate more to the right when concerning economics (I believe capitalism is the best system, but i wouldn’t want the late 1800s or modern day japan capitalism) and other issues…

pro guns…very pro
    pro abortion
    pro euthanasia
    pro harsh (relatively) punishment of arrested illegal immigrants
    pro true campaign finance reform bills
    pro israel until oil is no longer needed
    pro environment besides arctic drilling

what party lines are these? I’m happy to say they don’t belong to either. I hate how “conservative” politics are based on morality and how “liberal” politics are based on idealism.

I’ll believe what I want to :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m