1x Stuka
    2x SS Haupsturmfurher
    8x SS Panzergrenadier
    1x Grizzled Veteran
    1x Panzerfaust
    2x Wehrmacht Sniper
    1x Focke-Wulf

• Thanks Leiter

I appreciate your time.  I usually play historic builds but am letting opponent use russian along side Brit and US forces.  I suspect KV1 (or IS2) I can’t remember, will make an appearance.  I like 2 Panther build.  I was going to use a 250 to transport a ss Haup and also to serve as protection and mobility (I’m sure opponent will be using mortars.)  but at 8 It’s tough to justify the cost.  When have you used transport?  The costs are difficult especially the 251.

Axis Fan

• Leiter:

I’m assuming the set up would be something like

Infantry    SS Haup , 4 PG , Snipe  grouped x2

do you usually group 2 tanks or more?  IE Vet tiger SSPanther  &  SS panther with Brum  My inclination is to keep the Brum, vet and Panther together.  letting one panther Hunt.  I’m also thinking the vet Tiger could be the inticement for my opponent He would go after it for sure.

• The setup can vary depending on how your opponent deploys his forces and what the terrain is like. The Snipers could be best left on there own. Otherwise yes the SS form two nice groups.

Personally I’d use the Veteran Tiger in the centre, with a Panther flanking each side. The Brummbar would probably be supporting the SS, or near the Tiger for protection. Your opponent will either try to avoid the Veteran Tiger, or take it out first; try using it as bait with both Panthers ready to support from the flanks (just do your best not to make it too obvious a trap  :wink:)

I’m still very dissapointed the Germans didn’t get a Kubelwagon or other cheap transport; the Half-tracks are far too expensive. The only time I usually use the 250 is to transport an 88. I very rarely use the 251 in a standard game, but its nice (and about HALF the cost) in my historical games. Occasionally I have used it in assault scenarios just to move my troops up rapidly, and it does provide a little extra firepower against infantry (Which most defenders will have a lot of). Mostly I just find that 14 points + the cost of what it’s transporting takes up too big a chunk of my army.

Hopefully when the Fallschirmjager will be paratroopers so you can use them to take out the mortars; even still the Werwolfs are half decent for that purpose (and sadly, not much else). It’s hard to say if WotC will use them as the early war paratroopers, or later war Elite Infantry.

• Thank you.  This helps a lot.  The werewolves you mentioned.  Do you think they will be a power house unit?  Highly equipped and Fanatical or will it be like a reg partisian unit?

• They’re ok, but not great.

The biggest drawback is that they don’t have close assault. However they don’t cost too much (4 points) and have a good attack up close (9 dice) with the Partisan ability. They could make good backup for the Fallschirmjager.

• If you want to find out about the Fallschirmjager, head over to the Avalon Hill site. At the bottom the the latest preview, you can vote on what you want the next preview to be. One of the options is the Fallschirmjager.

• I’m assuming and hoping  that the Fallschirmjager will be an early war paratrooper. But perhaps, it’ll get Had Charger or Steely Resolve to reflect that they were also elite infantry. I don’t think that they will be late war elite infantry because the Germans already have several elite infantry units.

Also, I agree about the Kubelwagen. Maybe it’ll be in a future set. It would certainly be nice to have.

And lastly, the reason I made that last post was to encourage everyone to vote for the Fallschirmjager. So vote already. I really would like to see the Fallschirmjager’s stat card.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m