• That “adjacent SZ” thing is confusing I admit, that is why it was clarified in later rules.

SZ64 has NOTHING to do with what you do in SZ63, and you can land in either Alaska or WCan form SZ63 without destroying teh BB in SZ64 first.

• And on the other point… the FIGs ARE land units, as in they are in a LAND territory, thus they CAN be hit by BB shots.

• I agree with you in all points except 6. which is IMO a logical nonsense if you act as the rules tell you. For Example: There are enemy Bombers flying over Berlin, but the Germans can´t fire at them, because the Bombers have been bombing Rome and are now “just” on their way home. They fliy over hunreds of German AAs, but no one fires, because the fight is already over.  :-D :-o :?
    This would be quite strange, if it occured in WW2.

• It is a game design issue… and it makes as much (or more) sense than attacking a contested sea zone (one with both enemy and allied ships present) that your alliles are miraculously absent during your attack, even though there ships are right there with you in the same sea zone.  The main argument made against that was that the allied ships are never placed on the Battle Board, and thus cannot participate in the battle.

Or as much sense that a defender cannot retreat.
    Or that you can’t violate Neutrals
    Or that you can collect income from newly captured territory but can;t land AF there.

• @ncscswitch:

It is a game design issue… and it makes as much (or more) sense than attacking a contested sea zone (one with both enemy and allied ships present) that your alliles are miraculously absent during your attack, even though there ships are right there with you in the same sea zone.  The main argument made against that was that the allied ships are never placed on the Battle Board, and thus cannot participate in the battle.

Or as much sense that a defender cannot retreat.
    Or that you can’t violate Neutrals
    Or that you can collect income from newly captured territory but can;t land AF there.

Yes but the other things make at least sense, because of the games´ balance.
    But rules are rules.

• Thanks guys for the help.

I have just downloaded the LHTR and will read through them.
    It looks like the differences are quite subtle and only applicable to some rules.

Is it valid to assume that all questions related to A&A (Revised) will be answered according to LHTR?
    Or do most people play by the rules in the rule book that you get with the game?

• Most people play LHTR, because it clarifies some of the sticky points in the OM rules. :wink:

• Cool, I’ll stick to LHTR then!  :-D

• LHTR is far more complete.  But I would not go so far as to say that it will answer ALL of your questions :-)

And LHTR seems to be pretty much “The” standard for online play, at least from what I have seen.

• At this stage I am only playing board games (not online).

Surely LHTR do not cover all the rules - that are there are still parts of the games that the rule book do not clarify which means you have to make things up….

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m