• If nobody knew the severity of the situation, I still probably would of done it. Otherwise I would just be a sadist in letting man suffer his own fate. A similar incident like this did occur in real life.

Some time ago, a small ship was about to go under. The only problem was there was only one lifeboat! That was when one strong man took hold of the situation, loaded the lifeboat with as many people as he could and departed just in time for the ship to sink. However, the inevitable suction of the downed ship caused the lifeboat to return close to the original location amid many survivors. However, each time someone would try to climb aboard, the man would take his paddle and whack him/her in the head. Thus, the occupants of the lifeboat were able to survive, while everybody else drowned.

Upon returning home, the man was brought to trial for the murder of those he had hit in their attempts to board. The lifeboat survivors testified that even though what the man had done was wrong, by doing so he had saved their lives since the lifeboat was already filled to capacity. Nevertheless, the man was convicted of murder and was imprisoned. If it were up to me, I would’ve given that man a medal.

• Yeah, I second that. (giving him a medal)
    …out of curiosity, do you know how much time he got?

• Given the gravity of what had happened and the fact that judge and jury did not have the balls to thank the man, the usual life imprisonment sentence turned out to be only 20-30 years.

• YB & TGM VI,
    Excellent posts!

By the way, I didn’t see the unnamed movie. WHATSITCALLED?
    –-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------“I dón’t get out much. My Master keeps the manicle on my leg and around my waist so I don’t get lost.” - Xi

• Swordfish? Was that the one you’re looking for?

• On 2002-05-17 13:38, Chris wrote:
    OK, this is from Swordfish. You have the power to cure all of the world’s diseases. But the price for this is that you have to kill one innocent child. Could you kill that child? (we’ll say it’s with a knife). I said yes, and so far I’m the only one who has answered yes out of everyone at my school and in my family that I’ve asked.

i don’t know…the world has too many people, but thankfully birth rates are lowering. so if the population could balance out, yes i would.

If i had the chance, I would kill saddam…

• Scientists predict that the population should start leveling out by the year 2070 at 9 (?) billion (meaning most of us would be around to see it) due to the declining birthrate.

• T VI,
    I haven’t seen it yet. I’se way behind in da movie loop.
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My favorite scene of all time is in Gone With The Wind. The slave girl(bad that I dont recall her name)is sent on her way to git the doctor quickly. She slowly walks beside a picket fence with a stick in her hand clicking against each picket(like the card does that you put in your bike spokes). her line is “La de da de da de da!” - Xi

• operation swordfish sucks…wast of 1 and a half hours.

• Actually I thought it was enjoyable. Really it depends on what your preferences are. Personally I’m in to the world of high tech computer hacking.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m