• I have only played 2nd edition, And am concedering my next A&A game to Purchase. Though I would what something with similar rules.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

AAR is nice because it is not so formulaic.

• Well better is a relative term. I don’t think any game is “better” than any other. More a matter of preference.

Battle of the Bulge is not out yet and they have just begun the process of telling folks how the game is going to work. You are on your own on that one till November. Check out the forum board for the game on this site. There are some links to articles and pics.
    D-Day is good if you only have a couple of hours and mostly want something to do while drinking some beers and hanging out.
    Europe to me is the weakest and it has been awhile since I’ve played a game. It isn’t a bad game it is just the one I like the least.
    Pacific I really like. I like the convoy centers and routes rules. I like the harbor and air bases rules and the victory points aspect. I like the way the board looks. Marines and it is fun when the US to spend 70 IPCs a turn. I think it is my favorite but I can’t say it is “best.”
    Revised is what we seem to play the most. It is most like second edition with lots of the things that don’t work for lack of a better way to say it fixed. It can drag out a bit too long for me sometimes but it is really balanced and fair.

That is my take on your question. Frankly, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. But they all have a different tenor or feel to them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m