• 2 hours 25 minutes until I see it! I’m a big Star Wars fan, bought tickets 2 weeks ago. Anyone else seeing it today?

• not me. i used to love star wars, but not anymore. I might rent it, or if some friends want to see it i’ll go.

but i’m going to the bronx zoo sunday…yay?

• I saw it yesterday; midnight showing. It was awesome, spectacular, wonderful, it kicked much ass. I believe it is the greatest thing since (perhaps greater than) the empire strikes back. I’m going to go see it later tonight too. My feeble words are not enough to describe this most excellent film.

• I saw it last night at a midnight showing….its was good, much better the Phantom crap!

Yoda is Hardcore!

• Just got back, Yoda kicked ass! I’d say it is almost the best Star Wars, only second to the Emperor Strikes Back. Horten, you should see it, I loved it.

• Oh my God, Star Wars is the best movie series ever! It defines American culture and marks the rebirth of the long-lost epic. I would be watching it today, but due to the endless amounts of school work, not until the weekend. Oh well, guess I won’t be able to hang around with fellow freaks.

I just hope that Star Wars: AOTC is half as good as the Empire Strikes Back ( that’s right, bad guys can win one too :wink: ).

PS Is it true that Yoda runs around killing guys with his lightsaber?

• On 2002-05-16 16:57, Yanny wrote:
    Just got back, Yoda kicked ass! I’d say it is almost the best Star Wars, only second to the Emperor Strikes Back. Horten, you should see it, I loved it.

as good as the empire strikes back? how?

• Star Wars? Pfff I wouldn’t really go out of my way to see it in the theatre. Two of my friends though, they reserved tickets a week ago for the second showing of Episode II at the theatre downtown. Heh heh but then they found out(after they bought them) that they had a Physics exam at the same time. (this was today) SO they had to miss it.

• I heard that the acting, while better than the Phantom Menace, is not as good as episodes 4-6. I heard christonson (how do spell his name) does a good job, but Ewan McGregor whines a lot. I also heard that Yoda is more like a frog with a glowstick on coke than a AJedi Master. And I heard it doesn’t really get into gear until the last half an hour.

• I’ve never seen any Star Wars movies, and don’t plan on it later. I’m not into the whole science-fiction scene.

waits patiently for everyone to rip him to shreds

• Yes, Yoda whoops some serious ass!

George Lucas always made better movies when the Good Guys lost, Like in Empire Strikes Back. ATOC is about bad news, the Dark Side, ect ect.

• On 2002-05-17 10:19, yourbuttocks wrote:
    I heard that the acting, while better than the Phantom Menace, is not as good as episodes 4-6. I heard christonson (how do spell his name) does a good job, but Ewan McGregor whines a lot. I also heard that Yoda is more like a frog with a glowstick on coke than a AJedi Master. And I heard it doesn’t really get into gear until the last half an hour.

Who watches a Star Wars movie for the acting!!!
    Christansen is the whiner in the movie, not Mcgregor.
    Yoda is tight, his fight sceen is the highlight of the movie.

• you know why this star wars was so good. one word YODA!!! the best star wars charcter of all time

• First of all GREAT MOVIE…DOMINATED P.M. and one of the best i’ve seen in about a year BUT it was not as good as the original trilogy because:
    1. The acting was bad. Lines were forced and awkward.
    2. Yoda looks incredibly fake. The yoda lightsaber scene definetely made the movie but puppet yoda owned d.g. yoda up.
    3. Weak love story. If Anakin is to protect padme why the hell are they running off into the grassy hills away from the bunker where they can be scene or harmed?
    4. Bad dialogue. C3P0’s “this is a drag” and “i’m beside myself” were just dumb. He did a much better job in the originals with droid speech. Also yoda and anaking had some hella cheesy lines…

With so much wrong with it it seems hard to say i liked it but it was highly entertaining and still had the star wars magic lacking in episode 1. I give it 4 stars…go see it now (right now…leave your house now!) if you haven’t already. And even if you have go see it again. Yoda kicks ass.

• I think that people are starting to forget, that Yoda isn’t just an all-knowing mentor that kicks arse with a lightsaber. If anybody saw Empire Strikes Back, Yoda is one heck of a comedian. One of my most beloved scenes in the movie trilogy was when Yoda goes searching through Luke’s emergency toolbox and pulls out… a flashlight! He’s all like, “Ooooo, shiny.” Then R2-D2 tries to take it away with his mechanical arm, whereupon Yoda takes his walking stick and proceeds to bash the droid. Even after R2-D2 lets go of the flashlight, Yoda hits him again! It’s memorable moments like these that really define the series.

“Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.” - Aldolf Galland
    “The create? The create matters not. It is the man who pilots the create that truely counts” -

[ This Message was edited by: TG Moses VI on 2002-05-17 23:16 ]

• '19 Moderator

The first Star Wars came out when I was five years old those movies were a huge part of my childhood.

Man… great memories…

now I get to take my 3 year old to see this one(If I can sneek him out with out his mother knowing :wink: )

• '19 Moderator

By the way did any of you actualy see the originals in the theater?

• Beside Episode I (and soon to be Episode II), the only original Star Wars movies I’ve seen at the theaters were the Special Edition versions of the first three. But it was extra special since the ones I have seen were as the famous Mann’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood.

• I saw “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi” in the theaters back in the early 80’s. My parents thought I was too young for “A New Hope” (6 yrs old). I think they thought it was more of a horror flick for some reason back in '77. I took my son 3 years ago to see “The Phantom Menace” too when he was 4 yrs old. Haven’t seen this one yet, and he’s dying to! We’re big fans, going to it soon…

• The last post was me…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m