• @balungaloaf:

i think it would have gotten taken out by artillery, or planes.

It would be abosutley scary on a battlefield though, soldiers would just run away.  how would you take that thing out.

It would take a ton of steel to make one of those.

IF the armor was thick enough to withstand anything, only napalm or flame would do the trick. nasty.

I think planes would have been the deterrent of choice.  It did have flak guns, though (and mgs).  Hell…how would this thing be mobile anyway?  It was painful enough to get the Tigers moving…

• considering the other book on that site and the fact i cant find any colloborating evidence for such a project even with having over 500 books on WW2. I can conclude that its a work of fiction… or at the very best something that was never even drafted in terms of modeling the feasibility of such a tank. Only the Maus seems at least something that was attempted (* they have 2 of these tanks unfinished). I feel that the maus would have been defending Berlin if Hitler lasted a few more months. But as you know in trials the Maus wasnt able to meet the speed requirements as per the specifications… the germans were working on a solution when work was halted for more important considerations.

• @Imperious:

considering the other book on that site and the fact i cant find any colloborating evidence for such a project even with having over 500 books on WW2. I can conclude that its a work of fiction… or at the very best something that was never even drafted in terms of modeling the feasibility of such a tank. Only the Maus seems at least something that was attempted (* they have 2 of these tanks unfinished). I feel that the maus would have been defending Berlin if Hitler lasted a few more months. But as you know in trials the Maus wasnt able to meet the speed requirements as per the specifications… the germans were working on a solution when work was halted for more important considerations.

I never took it as even a possibility for deployment, but I wouldn’t put it past the Germans to dream something like this.  Either way, interesting that someone put that much thought into it. 
    The Maus was another thing I was going to mention, but couldn’t recall it’s actual name.

Didn’t the Russians have some sort of land rover tank?  Multiple turrets, quite large?  I remember seeing something a long time ago…

• If you want to check out some real German airplane projects try www.luft46.com  that guy has compiled everything from diagrams to pics to photos of real models and test planes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m