New Axis & Allies Global War Variant (free map)

• Yeah, I think 1941 is probably what I was going for.  I’m giving Germany a battleship in the Danish Sea, so it will definately be set before the Bismark was sunk, and the starting Japan setup is very similar to the Axis & Allies: Pacific setup, so it starts before Pearl Harbor.

• I’d love it if you upload the files.  I’d like to create my own version (personal use only of course) thats a 1939 varient if your cool with that.  I have my own map but yours is just so much better.

It’s awesome man I want one  :(

• have you ever considered making part of the sahara desert impassible?

• Hey positronica, love your map.  Were you serious about posting your layered psp files.  I would love to work on a hex based version.  Let me know if you would be willing.  I have been working on a hand drawn version of a map from May 10th, 1940.  My dream is to play on a huge scale map.  Hope to hear from you soon.  Alternatively you can e-mail me at nunotoo@hotmail.com.

• all i can say is that Map is awsome but there are more territories so how would your units?
    would you get more?

• That is an awesome map, I want one too. Can you make it available for download again?

• I second that as well. but id like to see the rules for this varient?

• i forward that i would like to see the rules and the set up chart

• Sorry that I still haven’t gotten the final map posted yet, guys.  I’ve been real busy at work lately and haven’t had a chance to get it organized.  I’ve played one game on the map with some friends, and made a few changes to try to balance things out a little better.  I’ve also got pretty nice looking setup cards put together for all the countries.  All I really need to do is type of the special rules that pertain to this map and then zip everything up and post it again.  If I have time I’ll try to do it this weekend.

• Ok great. just post what you got.

• yeah thatd be awsome if you could do it by this weekend

• Yeah! Really great, thank you! :)

• All right, here’s my complete A&A variant, Axis & Allies: Global War.

The varient includes a new map, new country cards, control markers for Italy, and a PDF file of the special rules that pertain to this map.

This first link is just to a reduced size .jpg of the map, and is only so that you can get an idea of what the map looks like before you decide to download the whole variant or not.  (DO NOT PRINT THIS FILE.  The map is too small to play on, and the reduced size and JPEG compression make some of the text undreadable.  Download one of the .rar files linked to below if you want the full size map.)

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7113/axisandalliesglobalwarmqc2.jpg

This next link is what you should download if all you want to do is play A&A:Global War.  The .rar file contains the map, the player cards, Italian control markers, and the rules PDF.  The images are all in .jpg format, however I set the JPEG compression at the lowest setting possible, so there shouldn’t be any noticable artifacts.  The total file size is about 23MB.

http://rapidshare.com/files/2035267/AAGlobalWar.rar.html

This final link is what you should download if you plan on making any modifications to my variant.  The .rar file contains everything listed above, except that all the images are in .psp (Paint Shop Pro) format, and items within each file are still in seperate layers.  The images were saved in Paint Shop Pro 7.02, so you’ll probably need that version or newer to open the files.  You might also be able to open them in Photo Shop, but I haven’t tested that.  The total file size is about 74MB.

http://rapidshare.com/files/2038592/AAGlobarWarPSFiles.rar.html

If anyone has any comments, or if anyone plays this variant, I’d like to hear what you think.

Feel free to redistribute or rehost these files anyway you want.

Also, if any mods are reading this, feel free to delete my first post in this thread and point people to this post.

• Positronica has just earned my vote in the next 4-5 major elections for this outstanding contribution!!!

• I’m with Yemble, Positronica is DA MAN  :mrgreen:

• What format is the file under? More succinctly: what program do i need to open each file?

• @Imperious:

What format is the file under? More succinctly: what program do i need to open each file?

If you download the smaller .rar file, they’re just JPEGs, so you can open them in whatever you want.  In the larger .rar file, the images are Paint Shop Pro files.  You’ll need Paint Shop Pro 7 or newer to open them.  You might also be able to open them in a Adobe Photo Shop, since I believe both programs can open each other’s file formats.

Paint Shop Pro used to be made by Jasc Software, but they got bought out by Corel a little while back.  It looks like Corel is now making Paint Shop Pro 11.  Corel has free trial downloads on their website.  The trial downloads for older version of Paint Shop Pro used to be fully functional expcet they had a 30 day time limit.  I don’t know if the trial downloads still work the same way, though, now that Corel is running things, but I think it might still be the same.

Oh, and if you’re just asking about how to unpack the download archives, you can use WinRar which you can get at the link below…

http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html

• I dont have Pro paint. But i wonder if you could make a PDF of it so when i stretch your Jpeg it wont pixelate and blur?

• @Craig:

I downloaded the first file, but it is telling me that I can’t have the second one because I have reached my limit of free downloads.

I would like the second one, but I am not going to pay for it.

If you can change this, great!  If not, then too bad.

Or at least put that info in the post with the link so that people know about this.  I may have just downloaded the second file so as to have the working version instead of the playing one.  That is if I had know that it was a choice of one or the other.  Then again, the site might be set up such that the second file is too big for me to get as a free download and I would have been stuck only taking the first.

I just would have liked to know ahead of time.

Craig

PS- I just noticed that it is giving me a time in which I can come back to try again.  I think.  I will see.

Yeah, Rapidshare just puts a limit on how often you can download files.  The bigger the files are that you download, the longer it makes you wait between downloads.  You only have to pay if you don’t want to have to wait between downloads.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m