An Exciting Find for Science (and Paleontologists)

• http://www.calacademy.org/science_now/headline_science/T-rex_soft_tissue.html

I’ve heard of frozen mammoth carcasses being stumbled upon, but this could be the “Rosetta Stone” for dinosaurs.  In the article, they hope to find more evidence to support the dinosaur/bird evolution theory.

Let’s hope Dave Chapelle doesn’t get an appetite for T Rex burgers anytime soon.

• 2007 AAR League

@Jermofoot:

Let’s hope Dave Chapelle doesn’t get an appetite for T Rex burgers anytime soon.

I doubt it since the show got cancelled  :x

• Very very interesting…Its kind of neat for me to look at my cockatiel and see a direct descendent of the dinosaurs!

• No Mosquitos and Frog DNA?

Damn.

• LOL, another Crichton fan heard from :-P

• I wonder what the creationists have to say about this?

• 2007 AAR League

what that god created all sorts of animals.  Wow.

• Just another false clue for the unbeliever :-P

Or, perhaps THIS spin…

All those scientists aid taht soft tissue could NEVER survive tens of millions of years.  The fact taht tey found Dinosaur soft tissue is PROOF that the scientists were wrong, and that dinosaurs are from only thousands of eyars ago  not tens of millions.

(how is that for Devil’s Advocate?  :evil:

• 2007 AAR League

not dinosaur, mammoth, maybe only 20,000 years ago.

• No, this was a T-Rex…

Check the article.

• @ncscswitch:

Just another false clue for the unbeliever :-P

Or, perhaps THIS spin…

All those scientists aid taht soft tissue could NEVER survive tens of millions of years.  The fact taht tey found Dinosaur soft tissue is PROOF that the scientists were wrong, and that dinosaurs are from only thousands of eyars ago  not tens of millions.

(how is that for Devil’s Advocate?   :evil:

Ah but the _rocks_  that the fossils are found in  are millions of years old,so we are still safe from the creation myth

• @The:

@ncscswitch:

Just another false clue for the unbeliever :-P

Or, perhaps THIS spin…

(how is that for Devil’s Advocate?   :evil:

Ah but the _rocks_  that the fossils are found _in_  are millions of years old,so we are still safe from the creation myth

It seems likely the unbelievers will only lock on to the fact that scientists make mistakes. They will miss that the new information wil garner new questions and re-examination of other evidence. I imagine that there are lots and lots of fossils getting new MRIs or Catscans or whatever to see if they should break em open. And who knows what might be found then?

• I’ve never been an advocate of the young-Earth theory, and I am a Christian. Frankly, I think this could be very interesting, though I seriously doubt it will add any credence to the evolutionary theory/religion (which I also think is baloney). Honestly, what I really want to know is whether the dinosaurs were warm-blooded or not; that’s been bugging me for years :P.

Ah but the rocks  that the fossils are found in  are millions of years old,so we are still safe from the creation myth

Well, then how about those footprints that were found in millions-of-years-old rocks a while ago, and are quite clearly a normal human’s, not some human-ape half-breed? ;)

• I havent heard anything about modern human footprints being found in million-year-old rock but let me guess at who found it, okay?  Was it a “creation-scientist”?  Or someone funded by the Discovery Institute or some other religiously-based “think tank”?  Probably  :roll:  Also,if evolution is a religion,then I am a devout believer!!   Darwin is the Son of God!!! Hallelujah!! Lets give him praise!! Thank you Darwin for saving me from the intellectual hell that is America!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m