Please help with english problem

• can you tell me what does this mean

˝Bid my blood to run.˝

• @Amon-Sul:

can you tell me what does this mean

˝Bid my blood to run.˝

In what context?  Or, I should say…is there anything else that was with this sentence?  On it’s own, if it’s not an idiom (it sounds rather poetic, or like a song lyric), it would literally mean: “I’d gamble my health (possibility of bleeding) for something”  At least that’s what I take it to be on it’s own.  Or possibly, to demand your blood to run, possibly in a bleeding sense as well.  Fighting against something, and maybe summoning the will power to move on?

• its a lyric from the song “Bring me to life” by Evanescence

• @Janus1:

its a lyric from the song “Bring me to life” by Evanescence

Do you know the rest of the lyrics?  Does my explanation make sense?

• I’m not familiar with the tune but I would take “bid my blood to run” as hope for recovery from something shocking, or painful, or frightening. Those sorts of things are sometimes refered to as “chill the blood,” “make the blood run cold” “stopping the heart.” Also perhaps as a request for emotions to return. Passion is sometimes spoke of as “his blood runs hot.”

With more context I could venture a more precise guess. My answer is along the same lines of Jermofoot’s. I would concur with the possibility of meaning it as bleeding. Perhaps attempting suicide or intentionally injuring yourself?

• well you helped definitely beacuse i was thinking that it meant that she wanted to struggle , like blood to run is a metaphore for increasing the blood cirulation=the will and strength to fight, but its seems that i am wrong
    here`s the lyrics

Wake me up)
    Wake me up inside.
    (I can’t wake up)
    Wake me up inside.
    (Save me)
    Call my name and save me from the dark.
    (Wake me up)
    Bid my blood to run.
    (I can’t wake up)
    Before I come undone.
    (Save me)
    Save me from the nothing I’ve become.

• Yes, in this context it is meant in regard to emotions. I venture that the singer is feeling “dead inside.” Dead in a sense of feeling no joy, or happiness or anger.

It isn’t meant in any sense of bleeding.

• @frimmel:

Yes, in this context it is meant in regard to emotions. I venture that the singer is feeling “dead inside.” Dead in a sense of feeling no joy, or happiness or anger.

It isn’t meant in any sense of bleeding.

thank you

• hokey crap  one of the lamest songs of all time    some dingbat begging for God to save her from her mental torment    borrrring

• @The:

hokey crap  one of the lamest songs of all time    some dingbat begging for God to save her from her mental torment    borrrring

Rofl!  Id have to agree that the song suxxors.  But to each their own!!

• Amy lee still has one sweet voice, whether you think the lyrics are tripe or not, her voice is incredible.

• @ncscswitch:

Amy lee still has one sweet voice, whether you think the lyrics are tripe or not, her voice is incredible.

Funny how a good singer can make crap sound good (I really don’t think it matters what is being sung), but a crap singer will make anything sound terrible.

Cue Roseanne.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m