• 2007 AAR League

Does an AA gun get a shot at aircraft flying over the territory, or only if the aircraft are attacking the territory?

Does it matter if the planes are moving in combat or noncombat phases?

What if a bomber flies over an enemy AA, attacks a territory, then flies back over the AA to return to its original starting spot.  Does the enemy AA get one shot before and one shot after the bomber attacks?

• @4thmac:

Does an AA gun get a shot at aircraft flying over the territory, or only if the aircraft are attacking the territory?

Does it matter if the planes are moving in combat or noncombat phases?

What if a bomber flies over an enemy AA, attacks a territory, then flies back over the AA to return to its original starting spot.  Does the enemy AA get one shot before and one shot after the bomber attacks?

Both.  An AA gun fires at aircraft flying over the territory / if they are attacking.  An AA gun can fire in the combat movement phase, the combat phase, or the noncombat phase.  (I believe)

In the example, the AA gun fires when you fly over the first time, and again when you fly over the second time.

• Under LHTR,

AA guns fire any time they are overflown in COMBAT movement.
    But they do NOT fire in NON-COMBAT movement.

So, as an example…
    If you fly over Western to attack Germany, you would have 2 AA rolls before you ever fire a shot… once over Western, and again over Germany. 
    After the battle, any surviving aircraft flying back out would NOT be fired on by either ANY AA guns.

If you instead did a non-combat movement flying over both Western and Germany AA, you would NOT be fired on.

• Hm, I always thought they fired no matter what, either in combat or when flying home in NC.  Don’t know what I was thinking.

• @General_D.Fox:

Hm, I always thought they fired no matter what, either in combat or when flying home in NC.   Don’t know what I was thinking.

before LHTR 1.3 it was like you said, but then it was changed and i personally like it that way… :-)

• Oh, okay, that makes a bit more sense.  I guess I haven’t looked at the new rules in a while, so that’s why I thought the way I did.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m