• All I can say is that I am glad he is gone.  While I agree that he did have some good points…he would argue against his own better judgement just appear to be the one with superior strategy and knowledge.  Sad.  I had it out with him a few posts in a row a couple years ago…and he got super mad because I accurately psychoanalyzed him to a tee.  He didn’t like hearing the truth about himself.

Anyway, about bids.  I always play RR because regardless of what point in the war the game actually takes place (guessing early 42), Germany should be the aggressor and have the opportunity to attack first.  I like the idea of bidding, but at the same time I feel like it also takes away from the game’s purity.  Call me old fashioned…but after all, this is in the regular A&A forum section (not sure if RR is a revised option).  Sure, to win as the Axis you need some things to go your way, but in a dice game…anything can happen.  I like to keep it the way it is (no bids) because the Axis are supposed to lose.  It is more of an accomplishment in my eyes, to win as the Axis for that very reason.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m