• 2007 AAR League

Wanted to get your thoughts on flying the Russian fighter to AE on R1 to make the German conquest of Africa that much harder.  Thoughts?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

You just loose a Russian fighter.

1 or 2 Fighters, 1 Bomber, 4 Infantry, 1 Armor vs 1 Inf, 1 Arm, 2 Fig is almost no change as against 1 Inf, 1 Arm, 1 Fig.  (assuming 2 infantry bid in Libya)

• I tired this in my current game.

I lost the FIG, still lost Egypt with 2 Geman ARM there, and I lost hte Ukraine battle due to the lost offensive punch.

@ncscswitch:

I tired this in my current game.

I lost the FIG, still lost Egypt with 2 Geman ARM there, and I lost hte Ukraine battle due to the lost offensive punch.

Worse still, you are now short a fighter for trading territories with which means you either build another one, or start sending artillery or worse armor into lands you don’t have the ability to hold.

• Eh, I bought one on R1, figuring I would lose the FIG, but I expected higher casualties in Egypt from it.

• I thought bidding died with the new veresion.

• Just much smaller now.

Average is in the 7-9 range instead of the mid 20’s

• I don’t think Russia has anything to spare other than the Sub. If it isn’t between Moscow and the Japanese or Germans it isn’t where Russia needs it.

• If Germany has a starting bid in the Africa, never.

Even if not, you still shouldn’t.  Germany can hit with 2 inf 2 arm 1 fig 1 bomber vs 1 inf 1 tank 2 fig and win easily.

The thing is, if you fly a fighter to Anglo, it becomes a more important target for Germany, because that Russian fighter can be a MAJOR pain.

Personally, I like to bid 31 IPCs.  1 Battleship SZ 5, 2 Infantry Ukraine, 1 IPC to Japan. :)

• Any bid over 16 is an Allied loss.  3 TRN in the baltic allows Sea Lion to happen even without LRA with a 78% chance of a win.  Even an 8 bid is a bit risky… a 1 in 3 chance of a successful Sea Lion on G1… if Germany uses the bid for a TRN…

(though a TRN bid would amost certainly draw 1 or both Russian FIGs to London)

@ncscswitch:

Any bid over 16 is an Allied loss.  3 TRN in the baltic allows Sea Lion to happen even without LRA with a 78% chance of a win.  Even an 8 bid is a bit risky… a 1 in 3 chance of a successful Sea Lion on G1… if Germany uses the bid for a TRN…

(though a TRN bid would amost certainly draw 1 or both Russian FIGs to London)

Me thinks our good and faire moderator missed my point….who is gunna bid higher then 31!!!  Witha  31 IPC bid I am almost guarenteed of getting the allies, especially since I am reasonably sure no one is gunna bid higher then 10 IPC…

• Was not missing the point, just using it as an apportunity to illustrate :-)

@ncscswitch:

Was not missing the point, just using it as an apportunity to illustrate :-)

Okyday.  But still, imagine if someone else didn’t want to be axis and bid 32+!  Wow!  What a dynamic shift in game mechanics THAT would result in!

• I’d probably resign in that circumstance… but it would not happen.  I’d NEVER bif the Axis that high.

• @Jennifer:

@ncscswitch:

Was not missing the point, just using it as an apportunity to illustrate :-)

Okyday.  But still, imagine if someone else didn’t want to be axis and bid 32+!  Wow!  What a dynamic shift in game mechanics THAT would result in!

32 would be 3 trannies in baltic + 1inf 1 arm in libya

haha poor UK  :evil:

@ncscswitch:

I’d probably resign in that circumstance… but it would not happen.  I’d NEVER bif the Axis that high.

And that’s the point.  I know the bids comming in around the 7 to 9 IPC mark, but I’d be willing to settle for a 10, 11 IPC mark game too.

• I am sure you would… as the Axis :-P

Actually, even if you bid 10 as the Axis, I’d still kill ya.  We’re still talking about maybe 2 Infantry Libya, 1 Infantry Manchuria and 1 IPC to Japan.  Not a vast difference in game play.

• After combat, i always put both ussr fighters into India on go 1, then move any UK there that can reach as to secure India for the UK factory i put there at the end of G1.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m